Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

The INSANE number of updates are certainly NOT "baked" into the price of the unit. Unless of course, you believe Cliff is an idiot who can't calculate the math (because at this rate if it is he must have not only gotten the build parts for free from the manufacturers they also must be paying him a ridiculous amount to use said parts as well. And he must value his hourly rate coding and such at a very steep negative number)...

The reality is Cliff is a proud father, a man that continually nurtures his child and gives it all his attention and energy, only wanting the best for it. We, the FAS faithful, are merely the lucky recipients of one man's quest for utter perfection for his mechanical progeny.

The software isn't the product, it's the "gift". The gift that never seems to quit giving, which is what the entitled cling to. You, me and everyone else bought the UNIT. That physical box is what took your ducats- the updates have simply been a blessing. As many have said, when the latest version of the box is maxed out I'll buy the next (I started with the Ultra, then bought the II when it was released and then the XL, all new straight from the company- I'm really curious how many of the complainers did the same and how many bought secondhand at a discount), not only because I want to continue to bask in the glow of Cliff's genius but also because I want to support the company and the man who has so graciously and generously supported us as musicians for all these years.

"The INSANE number of updates are certainly NOT "baked" into the price of the unit."

It`s a part of the concept. I think i buy the AXE with FW 3 or 4 - We all know it was a long way to Q4 and the AXE need all the Upgrades to have this Quality! Anyway - the HOOK is KILLER!

I got my XL new about 18 months ago, started on FW 17. I'm glad now I didn't get one of the MKIIs instead because they were both available at the time. To all the MKI/II owners, I can only say "neener neener neener!". ;)

Just kidding. Hopefully Cliff will come up with a solution that will at least get you a few more updates. Even if the XL were cut off now I would say the price has been more than worth it. Best value of anything I have ever bought!

The INSANE number of updates are certainly NOT "baked" into the price of the unit. Unless of course, you believe Cliff is an idiot who can't calculate the math (because at this rate if it is he must have not only gotten the build parts for free from the manufacturers they also must be paying him a ridiculous amount to use said parts as well. And he must value his hourly rate coding and such at a very steep negative number)...

The reality is Cliff is a proud father, a man that continually nurtures his child and gives it all his attention and energy, only wanting the best for it. We, the FAS faithful, are merely the lucky recipients of one man's quest for utter perfection for his mechanical progeny.

The software isn't the product, it's the "gift". The gift that never seems to quit giving, which is what the entitled cling to. You, me and everyone else bought the UNIT. That physical box is what took your ducats- the updates have simply been a blessing. As many have said, when the latest version of the box is maxed out I'll buy the next (I started with the Ultra, then bought the II when it was released and then the XL, all new straight from the company- I'm really curious how many of the complainers did the same and how many bought secondhand at a discount), not only because I want to continue to bask in the glow of Cliff's genius but also because I want to support the company and the man who has so graciously and generously supported us as musicians for all these years.

Stayed quiet 'till now, but the above is generally where I'm at. Take the FREE updates when and IF they arise.

Can't remember any small print stating " buy this axe fx Mk1/Mk2 and you'll be guaranteed update, after update, after update". I, personally thought I was buying a product at that time, not what it could become. Please correct me if this small print was indeed present and I just missed it.

Again, as an gigging XL owner that never needed to use the relatively recent FW selection option, I'm happy to see it disappear if owners of older machines get to enjoy new FW updates for longer. IIRC, the vast majority of FW updates were universally accepted as improvements, and really, anyone considering going backwards from recent Q releases should probably go clean their ears instead! Only joking (kind of...) ;)

Man I am pissed! I just took my PC from 1988 in and they couldn't update the software! They will never get my business because I am entitled to all those updates because I feel they should be included! Next thing, they probably won't update my Nova and say I will have to pay extra or buy a new one...(sorry but you kids need a spanking!)...

Man I am pissed! I just took my PC from 1988 in and they couldn't update the software!
Well, if we insist on playing the bad analogy game, Macs from 2009, which is two years before the Axe 2 was even announced, can load the latest macOS. :D Personally, I don't consider most of these other tech references analogous, though, so tounge in cheek, don't ya know.

Well, if we insist on playing the bad analogy game, Macs from 2009, which is two years before the Axe 2 was even announced, can load the latest macOS. :D Personally, I don't consider most of these other tech references analogous, though, so tongue in cheek, don't ya know.

I have a 2011 Macbook pro 17. Yes, it runs the OS, but it's sluggish. REALLY sluggish.

Not good qualities for an audio device made for live use.

Well, if we insist on playing the bad analogy game, Macs from 2009, which is two years before the Axe 2 was even announced, can load the latest macOS. :D Personally, I don't consider most of these other tech references analogous, though, so tounge in cheek, don't ya know.

As someone with several Macs I can say they are the worst to upgrade. Every major OSX update has slowed down my machines. I refuse to do it anymore. So while it make technically work, it doesn't work well.

Well you are so right...now I am going to STFU and play guitar and suggest you purchase the XL+ instead of telling me what bells and whistles I can do without so that you have a great sunny day.

As someone with several Macs I can say they are the worst to upgrade. Every major OSX update has slowed down my machines. I refuse to do it anymore. So while it make technically work, it doesn't work well.

Not here. I have everything backed up / in the cloud. A fresh install is a mere couple hours.

Stayed quiet 'till now, but the above is generally where I'm at. Take the FREE updates when and IF they arise.

Can't remember any small print stating " buy this axe fx Mk1/Mk2 and you'll be guaranteed update, after update, after update". I, personally thought I was buying a product at that time, not what it could become. Please correct me if this small print was indeed present and I just missed it.
...well said...

Guys: Let's not derail this super productive thread with an OS debate. We're only like one step away from politics from which there will be no return and the inevitable lock. Let's continue fighting amongst ourselves and chasing our tails on the firmware issue..

Save us Cliff Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.

Guys: Let's not derail this super productive thread with an OS debate. We're only like one step away from politics from which there will be no return and the inevitable lock. Let's continue fighting amongst ourselves and chasing our tails on the firmware issue..

Save us Cliff Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope.
Yeah but you threw the fish (reference to bad tv commercial). I agree and I also apologize for being cranky...I need my supplements!

The answer to this questions is prolly no, but is it possible to upgrade the memory on the boot roms? If it can be replaced that would be great. Im sure it is soldered on to the board but hey it is worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom