Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 3.00 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I update and do not reset the amps will my presets retain their settings? I have a lot of presets that were tone matched via choosing an amp close and matching. I don't want to have to redo all my tone matching

Same question here, must i reset all my amps ?
I went from Quantum 2.04, what must i do ?

Hey

Am %99.99 sure about this and am more than happy to be corrected, but my understanding -and what I do- is as follows

[ assuming of course you want to use the latest fw modelling version globally and also the latest fw for for each preset ]

-> backup all your Presets [ just in case - it nver hurts :) ]
-> load the new FW
-> make Axe Edit do a " Refresh FW " [ Settings ] -> not required but Im a picky paranoid bugger :)
-> make sure the Axe / Global / Front Panel Button is set to " Latest " for the modelling FW
-> make sure all my Presets [ Preamp Section ] is set to " Latest Version "
-> done

I just went from 2.04 to 3.00 Release .... no problems ..... all my presets are all fine ..... and to my surprise ..... yes .... it does respond and sound differnet [ and to my ears better ] than 2.04

Ben

Thank you, i'm going to check "latest" and "latest version".
Always been afraid about the firmware when i like my presets !!! ;)

What? I was just getting ready to download!

Yeah… that was the plan… well if this isn’t the suck of the day! Should have downloaded when I saw it at work!

Oh shit!.. I forgot to say thank you to all those who made this possible…THANK YOU!

I feel so terribly sorry for all you guys that won't be able to download it... This version is the best ever, it is the newest firmware that was ever published soon, and it sounds even more realer than ever, even more realerererer than the real reality!

:p

Ahhh..geesss..thanks for sharing that with us,.. that’s realy great?o_O

Last edited:
Is this due to all those incapable of reading release notes, or is it the lack of common knowledge that when new features are added AxeEdit needs to be updated…soon?

Yep... as if it hasn't bee said 101010101 times before, firmware usually always comes before axe-edit. I never use axe-edit personally so I'm not affected by it. Still every time we get the same thing.. "something wrong with axe edit". uuuugggh.

It would be cool to add to axe-edit, just a popup that states, "this firmware is not supported, unexpected results may occur use at own risk."

Yes being a programmer I also realize that people do not read. Been proven time and time again.

Yep... as if it hasn't bee said 101010101 times before, firmware usually always comes before axe-edit. I never use axe-edit personally so I'm not affected by it. Still every time we get the same thing.. "something wrong with axe edit". uuuugggh.

It would be cool to add to axe-edit, just a popup that states, "this firmware is not supported, unexpected results may occur use at own risk."

Yes being a programmer I also realize that people do not read. Been proven time and time again.

The Axe firmware is updated often enough as is. I don't think there's anything wrong with waiting to release official (non-beta) updates until Axe Edit is compatible with them. Otherwise it's just Fractal causing headaches for themselves.
-
Austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom