Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.04 Firmware Release

Are you checking the modeling version on the front panel? Until it's updated, Axe edit may not show the correct version, if it shows it at all.
Vintagero is correct; I'm having the same issues.

If you set "Global" to "Latest", the amps are still 2.01. Check your amp FW setting, using the Axe-Fx front panel buttons. If you go to the "Advanced" page, you'll see it's still at 2.01.

I also had to change them all manually to "Latest".

No biggie, just commenting.

Axe-Edit doesn't show the FW version, yet. I presume this may be a feature of a future upgrade, but just speculating.

MK I user here and updated from 2.02 to 2.04... all amps show "latest" automatically for me after updating, no need to adjust manually. Thanks Cliff for keeping that 2.02 mojo!!!!

If you set "Global" to "Latest", the amps are still 2.01. Check your amp FW setting, using the Axe-Fx front panel buttons. If you go to the "Advanced" page, you'll see it's still at 2.01.

Yes I'm seeing this on my MK 2 as well. I never bothered to check myself, I was too busy playing.

Can confirm that on my XL the 2.01 shows up under advanced settings even though global is set to latest. I did install 2.02 just prior to the 2.03 and now 2.04. Not a big deal but just wanted to confirm the behavior. I just wonder if we have to actually change the amp and then back again to get the changes to take effect as before or do the options refresh the amps?

This might help, from the release notes
2.01 use Q2.01 and for 2.00 use Q2.00. Notethat changing the Default Modeling
Version in the Global menu does NOT change the modeling version the amp block is
using. It only selects which version the ampblock will use when selecting a
new
amp model or recalling old presets.Otherwise the version will remain
unchanged.
Dieter
;):)

Last edited:
This might help, from the release notes
2.01 use Q2.01 and for 2.00 use Q2.00. Notethat changing the Default Modeling
Version in the Global menu does NOT change the modeling version the amp block is
using. It only selects which version the ampblock will use when selecting a
new amp model or recalling old presets.Otherwise the version will remain
unchanged.
Dieter

I see. Do I assume "old presets" are presets prior to 2.00?

Words are meaningless without youtube. 0_0

This time travel stuff is cool, but it further clouds over my thinking opacity.

Last edited:
So ..... when I go directly from 2.02 to 2.04

-> will it automatically upgrade the modelling engine for all my exisiting presets to 2.04 (?)

or if not

-> is there a way / menu to do this for all my and factory amps so I dont have to do it manually for each amp/preset (?)

Ben

At the risk of creating a self-referential-black-hole ..... :) ..... I just went directly from 2.02 to 2.04 ....

-> all went fine [no surprise there]
-> also did a forced FW update from A/Edit
-> FW 2.04 Global Modelling defaults to "latest"
-> all my pre-exisitng [ FW 2.02 ] personal preset amps-and-presets all defaulted to " 2.01 "
-> went through and changed and saved each one to "latest" manually [as I couldnt find a global/automatic way to do it - probably 25 amps - only took about 5 - 10 mins to do it - very easy and quick]
-> all fine / no problems
-> all sounding as good as gold :)

Ben

Seems that we need a field which displays if the preset was created with an older version or with the latest. Or better, displays with which version the preset was created ;)

So that means the presets banks on the official page (march Q2) will have to be all manually changed to latest ?

Back
Top Bottom