Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.03 Firmware Release

thanks for fixing the Plus Dist!

i've noticed that some amps load with "latest" in the modelling version and some with "2.01". i've checked and even though it might say "2.01", the parameters are set to whatever they should be when selecting "latest", which is what i have in my global setting. so it seems to working as the firmware notes say. i would be tempted to try and sync these settings in the next firmware, because you know it's going to cause a massive headache otherwise. (with user confusion)

Last edited:
Will the option for choosing which modeling per amp block be available at any point in Axe Edit? Or will it always be available only from the units interface?

This just makes me feel sorry for all the guitarists out there that don't even know that this little black box exists... poor sods.. Teeth grinding tone chasers.

Thanks for the Friedman's Cliff, my goto's just got a little shinier!

Good stuff. Still, with each firmware update, i am waiting to see "amp block x/y audio gap masked out with generated signal" in the felease notes... and i get a tiny bit dissapointed... ;D

Wow, just wow!

Although not shown in the release notes there are a couple of default parameters that have slightly changed in the Mark IIC+ models, Cliff's words:
-Master Volume: I think the default Master Volume value is a bit high so you may want to turn that down. I've reduced the default for Quantum 2.03
-Bright switch: I always turn it on and I've set it on by default for Q2.03.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mark-iic-tips.112378/
Cliff mentioned in an earlier post on another thread these changes in the MKIIC+

The Friedmans (BE/HBE) sound really good and organic now. They always seemed a little stiff before. I'm loving 2.00 for the Marshall style amps, It just sounds more tubey or something. 2.02 sounds really good also. Love this firmware!

Last edited:
This is just awesome! I mean, how can it get better now, with so many choice, almost endless possibility?!! Appart for new amp models and effects, there's not much room for improvement at this point! Right Cliff??!! :p

I'm not near my AxeFX at the moment - so just going by the release notes, is it correct to say:

Overall FW version is 2.03 but in the Amp Block 'Latest' in terms of ' FW Version' equates to 2.02 style Amp Blocks default settings?

Lets say I update to 2.03 and then set the Global Menu 'Version' to Latest

I then go into a BE/HBE Amp using preset that I previously set up under FW 2.02 - will it have altered due to new parameter settings introduced in 2.03 and possibly need tweaked?

There is no way of changing it back to the old tweaked 2.02 version because the only alternate back options in the amp block 'Version' will be 2.01 or 2.0?

All other Amps will be unchanged because they've had no parameter tweaks since FW 2.02?

Will the option for choosing which modeling per amp block be available at any point in Axe Edit? Or will it always be available only from the units interface?

Axe Edit normally follows shortly afterwards with a matching update for the FW; you'll just have to use the front panel for now but that shouldn't be a big problem as it's only 1 parameter.

I'm not near my AxeFX at the moment - so just going by the release notes, is it correct to say:

Overall FW version is 2.03 but in the Amp Block 'Latest' in terms of ' FW Version' equates to 2.02 style Amp Blocks default settings?

Lets say I update to 2.03 and then set the Global Menu 'Version' to Latest

I then go into a BE/HBE Amp using preset that I previously set up under FW 2.02 - will it have altered due to new parameter settings introduced in 2.03 and possibly need tweaked?

There is no way of changing it back to the old tweaked 2.02 version because the only alternate back options in the amp block 'Version' will be 2.01 or 2.0?

All other Amps will be unchanged because they've had no parameter tweaks since FW 2.02?

My understanding is that 2.03 is basically 2.02 by default - the only difference being that 2.03 gives you the new option to change the FW versions as you please.

If I were you, I would first do a CSV export of the presets you have changed, then update to 2.03, do another CSV export and then compare the parameters of the Amp Blocks from both CSV files. Basically if anything has changed (ignoring the new parameter of course) then you will see the difference in the CSV file, and you will be able to manually reapply it in 2.03.

tumblr_le3nu9QUKW1qct8mq.gif~c200

Perfect reaction. I was about to upgrade to 2.02 on Saturday, but I had a really good feeling 2.03 was coming very soon. Turns out I was right.

Installed the latest version for the axe. Its great I really like how you can go from v1 to v2 . I use the BE models mostly so I was pleased they updated them-outstanding guys ...Thanks

Back
Top Bottom