Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwei

I still would love to see the KT77 added.

This firmware does indeed sound nice!

I was trying the K66 power amp tubes on the Mesa models and they sound nice, not knowing these got the treatment. I forgot all about trying the preamp tubes ....Damnit.

I have a question .....what's up with UltraRes 2.0??? I hear no talk about this. Is it something that we'll be able to convert all our IR's using the the Cab lab lite??

Liege waffles use a brioche style dough and pearl sugar, not a batter. If it was a ready-mix batter style thing, I'd be with you, but the liege is the Axe-FX II XL+ of waffles.
i know, we make them all the time! got hooked after having them from the Wafel and Dinges trucks in NYC. we make the real deal dough and use pearl sugar.

Thanks FAS/Cliff!
It's very nice to have so much tweaking possibilities, especially with tubes and biases etc. I really like the possibility and usefullness on getting the correct gain stage for the particular sounds I want to create. Very usefull for home setting (playing around with Fender, Mesa, EVH, Tuscana etc..) and definitely very usefull for creating onstage mixture of vintage and modern rock (mainly marshall like sounds).

BUT:
I played with Quantum 2.01 Beta2 and returned back to official release Q2.0 as I get some strange distorted like clipping like noise (not output clipping) especially at the low end range strings (Musicman Steve Morse Y2D in Eb, mainly noticable at the first 5 notes on the Eb string) especially with the 4 presets in which I use the JVM401 OD1 orange. But I also noticed this on downloaded presets from AXE exchange. (Ricky EVH preset).

As it's a BETA release, I'm not sure where I should post or send my feedback on this.
So therefor I start here.

Situation description:
Instrument front input (Musicman Steve Morse Y2D) via Line6 G30 wireless with AXE FX2 Q2.01 with following blocks:
Volume pedal, JVM401OD1Orange, Reverb, FXLoop (to amp), CAB (PA/SC)
FXLoop goes to Stereo Poweramp (but as this is today in rehearselroom, not tested if it occurs there aswell)
Cab (factory 4x121960B) to lineoutput (not xlr) to TC electronics Desktop Konnekt 6 to stereo HeadPhone Output with Senheiser HD595
AXE also connected to MFC-101 and USB for AXE Edit
Input gain set to 80% and only sometimes in the red
Output settings: Non output clippings, (no reds), so it should NOT be AXE FX2 output clipping.

It looks sort of sound from strings flapping to frets resonance sound, but it also makes a harsh distorted clipping kinda sound. I saw one small entry on this here as well, but not sure if the same is ment and also not if my setup is very different as I;m quite new AXE user (not new with tubes and guitar thought, playing for years and years).

So my question are:
- For beta is this the place to start this discussion?
- Does anyone else noticed this as well (as I see only super positive feedback mainly)
- Should I make somewhere an official "bug" log to support on this or is it an already known thing?

Musicman0001
PS: I changed from real tubes to AXE FX2, so I'm a happy camper and very enthousiastic on AXE!

So my question are:
- For beta is this the place to start this discussion?
- Does anyone else noticed this as well (as I see only super positive feedback mainly)
- Should I make somewhere an official "bug" log to support on this or is it an already known thing?

Hi my friend, we have a section for centralize firmware bugs, is the shortest way (support is for isolated/hardware problems):
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/forums/axe-fx-ii-bugs.70/

We don't understand how a waffle somehow became emblematic for our country across the big pond.

Same here with paella, sangria y los toros!

Last edited:
This firmware version is making me turn off the effects in nearly all of my patches so that I can revel in the sheer glory of the amp models. Now, I'm an 80s guy like Mark Day, so for me this is a big deal. LOL

Spent some time with latest Q2.01 yesterday, comparing directly between AX8 using NOTHING but an amp block, with cab sim off into Matrix amp and my guitar cab. AX8 would be equivalent to Q 1.x I guess. I played around with mostly cleans and light breakup stuff on a few favorite models, trying to basically match settings between Axe-FX and AX8. In every case I ended up with significant preference for 2.01 beta on the Axe-FX.

With a real cab at volume, a big part of what I'm after is the 'punch', the dynamics you feel as much as hear. Real amps always seemed more punchy, and 1.x sounds great but the 2.01 amps seem to punch you just as hard as the real deal, and then kick you in the ass for good measure, while blowing your mind.

In conclusion, Quantum 2.01 is bad for your health.

The default overdrive for the Angle 1 use to be 7.50 and in 2.01 its 5. Is this a mistake or a new change? Its easy enough to change on my end but it made me think the gain had really gone down on the amp until I caught it.

The default overdrive for the Angle 1 use to be 7.50 and in 2.01 its 5. Is this a mistake or a new change? Its easy enough to change on my end but it made me think the gain had really gone down on the amp until I caught it.
Yes, I recogniced this although this evening. First thought - oh the savage has become really innocent.........

Back
Top Bottom