Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.01 Public Beta Zwei

No, Mute FX In mutes only the effect input while preserving the wet signal. If you can provide an example of how the change impacts existing presets we will gladly create a new mode. As of yet the change has not impacted any presets we have tested.
Gotcha. I was just thinking of a case where someone wanted to engage the reverb/delay and have it play the decay/repeats of the signal that entered the block before it was engaged. Even if they wanted this, there are better ways to accomplish the same result. The new method makes far more sense for any scenario I would use.

Nah ,you know he's not done yet ,He will now take the knowledge of the preamp tubes ,and output transformer and apply it to all the power tube types, creating a noticeable improvement there also

and for good measure likely find time to throw in another 2 or 3 new amps, probably right after the AX8 beta team has given the green light on 2.1

Nah ,you know he's not done yet ,He will now take the knowledge of the preamp tubes ,and output transformer and apply it to all the power tube types, creating a noticeable improvement there also

and for good measure likely find time to throw in another 2 or 3 new amps, probably right after the AX8 beta team has given the green light on 2.1

The power tubes were updated as part of 2.01 as well. Both power and preamp tubes got the "treatment" with the first beta.

The power tubes were updated as part of 2.01 as well. Both power and preamp tubes got the "treatment" with the first beta.

Hi Cliff;
the beta2 sounds very nice!
Thanks for the improvements.
Will the storing problems of the Preamp Hardness and the Pwr Amp Hardness be fixed in
the next beta?
That would be great ;-)

Kind regards to you and your team!
Mike

Okay I updated from Q1.01 and was quite pleased with how this sounds. This was a nice improvement, and playing through my solid state power amp + cab I can feel a lot more thump going on with each note.

@FractalAudio Whomever on the Fractal team its job was to go over the speaker page and redo the settings for what seems like every amp here deserves a huge thanks. This was one of the more noticeably pleasant differences in the FW upgrade I made tonight. They deserve the utmost gratitude for this.

This firmware does indeed sound nice!

I was trying the K66 power amp tubes on the Mesa models and they sound nice, not knowing these got the treatment. I forgot all about trying the preamp tubes ....Damnit.

I have a question .....what's up with UltraRes 2.0??? I hear no talk about this. Is it something that we'll be able to convert all our IR's using the the Cab lab lite??

Didn't want to up-grade to Q 2.xx yet because of some upcoming shows. Been on a break from doing live shows for a couple of months. So last night was the first time running Quantum (1.06) through it's paces live. The improvements in touch sensitivity and dynamics were way more apparent at volume. I could feel the strings vibrating through the neck more? Almost like I was using an E-bow or something? More interaction?...............It's hard to explain really. Didn't notice it as much (or at all) at lower volume, but crank it up and boom, there it is.

I can't wait to check out Q 2.?? after the next few shows are done. The way Cliff's epiphanys keep coming, we might be at Q 3 by then........

I have a question .....what's up with UltraRes 2.0??? I hear no talk about this. Is it something that we'll be able to convert all our IR's using the the Cab lab lite??

Not much buzz about it, I've dropped questions a couple of times in the last month or so, no responses. IIRC it was mentioned around the first of the year, new cab lab w/ ultra res 2 would be up in March or April? I would guess that's also what the new cab packs are waiting on too.

Back
Top Bottom