Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I haven't commented on a firmware in a long long time. I played my tweaked Atomic High preset before upgrading, switched to a Laney VC 50 tube amp during the upgrade, then switched back for Q2.0. All with fresh ears. This firmware definitely took the Axe FX 2 (version 1 here) a huge step closer to the real amp. Perfect amount of hair on the notes without any brittle edginess. Thicker, warmer, more complex, and plenty of bite when you dig in with the pick. Very dynamic FEEL.

Also took the Satch amps for a ride (inside the Spawn Q-Rod preset), very niiiiiiiice!

I noticed more of a "leap": change in feel (and authenticity of amp sound) from this firmware than any other yet, didn't use the beta, had Q1.06 before this. Magic sauce indeed, great job Fractal and Cliff!

Been a long time user since my first Standard .... love this company and product . Still have my Marshalls, Soldano's and Diezel heads ..been only using the AxeFx lately ... Thank you Cliff and the FAS team .... as I've heard it described before " What a great time to be a guitarist " Quantum 2.0 Rocks \m/

Sounds Fantastic !

What is the Res... of the new UltraRes 2.0 ??

Same great Res, same low price, just more meaty flavor with 2.0'ness. Sorry couldn't resist.

I am really liking the Satch models because they have a nice note-i-ness I haven't heard really in the other models i use. Good to a melody.

(Yes, Redd, red with FAS Boost, and amp boost, what!)

Last edited:
The final Q 2.0 sounds less aggressiv to me than the Beta 3.
Beta 3 had more "metallic" Highs, was more "into the face".......I would prefer the Beta 3 but I also like the other news in this FW 2.0.

Thanks to FAS for the constant improvement of the Axe!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what kind of cabs/speakers does Joe typically use? I assume somebody here knows offhand.

Have to send out a 1000 thank you,s to all FAS guys!!!

From release to release we still get more magic to our hands. Love this direct, dynamic and organic sound - finally even the "Mesas" make me dream of the time I pushed a 12 inch rack around from gig to gig.. and it get's easier to deal big tones every release..

Just love it!

Beta 3 had more "metallic" Highs, was more "into the face".......I would prefer the Beta 3 but I also like the other news in this FW 2.0.

Thanks to FAS for the constant improvement of the Axe!
Nothing changed in the modeling from b3 to the official release

I've always had a weird problem with satriani settings though in that I've never liked playing with such dark tone, yet I love listening to it! This amp has sustain in oodles it seems.
If you've ever played a JS-series guitar, they are quite bright (IMHO). I'm thinking that's why they work so well with the darker amp settings.

Looking forward to the 2.0 upgrade! Thanks Fractal!

There was no change between beta 3 and the final release in the modeling. Only bug fixes and amp models added.

1960B with Celestion Celestion G12T-75Ws in it.

Thanks for that. I had a hard time finding anything that didn't seem super dark. Apparently I like my tones bright. I'm probably semi deaf at high frequencies.

Personally, I found great results with my go-to CK Brit TV E906-MD421 B01 alloy and going with a medium gain, high master setting.

Back
Top Bottom