Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

Can't try that tonight but I will tomorrow. I'm starting to wonder if its my IR's. I use my own exclusively that I shot from my rack tube amp and cab setup. I might need to try some stock cabs and see if that's it.

I believe you said you are using Herbie CH3. That model changed. If you want the sound of 1.03 do the following:
Increase Input Trim to 2.0
Set Low Cut Freq to 160
Set Preamp Bias to -0.1
Set Tonestack Type to "GERMAN V4"
Set CF Time to 3.12 ms
Set CF Ratio to 0.183

It's probably the change in gain that you are noticing most. Since the amp doesn't have a bright cap you can also just turn up the Input Drive instead of increasing Input Trim.

Note that the updated model is more accurate as we redid the model because the Tonestack changed.

I believe you said you are using Herbie CH3. That model changed. If you want the sound of 1.03 do the following:
Set Low Cut Freq to 160
Set Preamp Bias to -0.1
Set CF Time to 3.12 ms
Set CF Ratio to 0.183

It's probably the change in gain that you are noticing most. Since the amp doesn't have a bright cap you can also just turn up the Input Drive instead of increasing Input Trim.

Note that the updated model is more accurate as we redid the model because the Tonestack changed.
Thanks so much Cliff. I will try this.
I get excited when the man himself speaks! Nowhere else but FAS!

Set Low Cut Freq to 160
Set Preamp Bias to -0.1
Set CF Time to 3.12 ms
Set CF Ratio to 0.183

WOW! This is a luxury

Endorsed. Yes please.
All Vox amps (AC15 and AC30/4) originally had an EF86 tube instead of a Top Boost circuit (reference: The Vox Story by David Petersen and Dick Denny. Dick was the engineer who created these amps) until louder volumes and lesser quality created a less than desirable performance (microphonics). While I'm not aware of the background to the Matchless DC30, I'm sure that since they included an EF86, it was because it was desired by players for its sonic characteristics. Please?

Very interesting! To play that with a virtual EF86 would be great to experience. I can relate as I have had a particular tube amp with a particular set of tubes that I was particularly fond of - but I'm an expert so I just meander more or less. Off to my particular bed now. No more jamming with the hundreds of virtual amp models tonight for me. May my lucid dreams be as well envisioned as 1.05..

Last edited:
naaah! i'm waiting the 20+ Quantum fw upgrades... before installing the new PULSAR 1.0 fw

just kidding!!! :p

tnx Cliff

hey... the op sez: "Basically same as 1.03 with some bug fixes and new models."
somebody know what the new models are?

Added “Solo 88 Clean” amp model based on the clean channel of a Soldano X-88. All channels are now represented.

Added “PVH 6160+ Rhy” amp model based on Channel 1 of a Peavey 6505+ with the Crunch switch depressed and Bright switch out. The existing PVH 6160 II Rhy model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Rhy B”. Likewise the existing PVH 6160 II Ld model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Ld”.

Added “Solo 88 Clean” amp model based on the clean channel of a Soldano X-88. All channels are now represented.

Added “PVH 6160+ Rhy” amp model based on Channel 1 of a Peavey 6505+ with the Crunch switch depressed and Bright switch out. The existing PVH 6160 II Rhy model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Rhy B”. Likewise the existing PVH 6160 II Ld model has been renamed “PVH 6160+ Ld”.

These are from 1.04 Man!

Well, Cliff said 1.05 was more like 1.03 and reading (possibly misreading) his posts on the first couple of pages makes it look this way. I'd just like to clarify as Fas Modern which I use quite a lot sounded way better in 1.04 than it did in 1.03 to my ears

Set Low Cut Freq to 160
Set Preamp Bias to -0.1
Set CF Time to 3.12 ms
Set CF Ratio to 0.183

I was about to say all that.........

Back
Top Bottom