Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

Guys. Some bass. And some fuzz. Pliss. I'm in the middle of 2 albums. The urge to reamp is huge haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I'm sure there will be many more tweaks, Recto2 seems to have a lot more Input Gain. Anyone else experiencing this? Sounds amazing though! First time I have to agree with the "3D" type tone!

As I'm sure there will be many more tweaks, Recto2 seems to have a lot more Input Gain. Anyone else experiencing this? Sounds amazing though! First time I have to agree with the "3D" type tone!

Oops, looks like I entered the wrong cathode resistor value on those. They have about four times the gain they should. They won't sound right just reducing the gain either because that messes several things up. Use Recto1. That's a better sounding amp anyways. The old Rectos sound much better than the newer ones.

upper freq noise/hash is improved... bouncier, more gain, better response... more pleasant to listen to and play overall. Killer update!

I am at work till late tonight but definitely this will be the first thing that i do when i get home :D thank you Cliff. you never cease to amaze us!

Oops, looks like I entered the wrong cathode resistor value on those. They have about four times the gain they should. They won't sound right just reducing the gain either because that messes several things up. Use Recto1. That's a better sounding amp anyways. The old Rectos sound much better than the newer ones.

Agreed! Recto1's definitely have the right sound!! Great job man!

Wait more gain? what? that was subliminal, freudian kind of error, the good kind!

Kinda of funny, but I also feel like the simple Bass, Mid, Treb knob functionalities are more reactive. Like the difference between a Marshall's knob functionality, vs a Mesa. Either way, I feel its even quicker to tweak!

The 5F8 at melt faces. Oh lord...

I keep thinking "I should check my preset with amp 'x' and see if I notice a difference." and then I keep noodling for just a couple more minutes. Then I realize I've been on the same preset for 25 minutes since thinking I should switch.

If this firmware accomplished nothing else, I got a good play on tonight at least.

Back
Top Bottom