Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

I'm going to install this ASAP. Cliff, you are an awesome mad genius. I'm going to put in a very good word for you when I meet with our new feline overlords.

It's hard to articulate but I'll give it a shot. In previous firmwares it felt like I was shown an image of the sound. Now, I am seeing the actual sound in the flesh.

I believe that would be the JMPre-1 models. They were there in 20.00 beta as well.

ah yes makes sense ,so in a few days can you comment more about what is Quantum. I am guessing the "dephase" amp in the room .kinda kicked it off for you , and then it just went to another level with maybe 1 or 2 additional elements.
Will the amps like Nitro ,Fryette etc still need to be G3's or does quantum really render g3 obsolete.

Will the upcoming AX8 use the quantum platform at release??

sorry just so many questions ,curious

Oh my god! My HBE preset is unfreaking real now!!! I think this started as Freman's HBE preset so that's a good jump off point guys! Don't forget to reset the amp block...

1. Open Freman's HBE preset (preset 41 in bank B I just checked...)
2. Reset the amp block
3. Say goodbye to your social life for a while

It's that good!

WOW...i was just explaining to a friend today (who has no idea whatsoever about what Im talking about) how cliff was working on something new and I could not for the life of me figure out how this thing could possibly sound any better. Well, I just updated to this beta and it sounds soooo good! Thanks so much Cliff for being who you are and continually making this thing sound amazing!!

I was really digging the JMP1 models on 20b, and today I resetted the nut and bridge on my acoustic, and dialed in such a nice acoustic tone, it got me playing all day. Now after all this goodness, things are going "Quantum"? Happiness, and yet a bit of expectation. Would love some release notes. Tonight I'll try to sleep and maybe tomorrow we have some news on what this consists. Best guitar gear acquisition ever, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds outstanding!!!

I gotta be honest. I loved FW19 and was struggling a little bit with FW20. There was a "crispness" that I just wasn't jiving with. I was able to dial it out a bit and find a happy medium but love this much better! I plugged in and the tone I had with FW19 was there but as many have mentioned, had more of a "3D" quality to it.

Works great with FRFR. I am playing thru my Friedman ASM-12 and this FW has some nice low end that comes thru the speaker nicely. I agree that the Marshalls sound great! :)

This is a public beta of our new "Quantum(TM)" tube modeling technology.

The firmware is 1.00 PB1 (Public Beta 1). It may have bugs. It may mess with the sound of your presets. It may cause a singularity around your guitar causing you to get sucked into a parallel universe where time flows backwards and cats rule the world. Fractal Audio cannot be held responsible for any marital issues that may arise due to the use of this product.

There are no release notes at this time. Treat this like you've just opened the box and plugged in.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xl_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL+
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL and XL+ users get 20 additional factory cabs.

Updated Axe-Edit, FractalBot, etc. will be available shortly.

Thanks I have question I know the Zappa settings were going to be released in 2 more weeks
Will this current update be included with those or will that be something that can be upgraded
at another time ?

Dz said it would be 20 I was about to back everything up once I got all 128 different amps id made up
stable ...They changed from 19 of course So before I go through all of those I thought id ask if I should
load quantum and start all over ?

Thanks Cliff for all you do by the way Im just asking as it takes a bit of time..
Lots of changes since 13.4 all for the better of course not complaining just trying to avoid double working..

Back
Top Bottom