Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Public Beta

This is a public beta of our new "Quantum(TM)" tube modeling technology.

The firmware is 1.00 PB1 (Public Beta 1). It may have bugs. It may mess with the sound of your presets. It may cause a singularity around your guitar causing you to get sucked into a parallel universe where time flows backwards and cats rule the world. Fractal Audio cannot be held responsible for any marital issues that may arise due to the use of this product.

There are no release notes at this time. Treat this like you've just opened the box and plugged in.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xl_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL+
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL and XL+ users get 20 additional factory cabs.

Updated Axe-Edit, FractalBot, etc. will be available shortly.

Thank you Cliff !!!!
Downloading now.....

This is a public beta of our new "Quantum(TM)" tube modeling technology.

The firmware is 1.00 PB1 (Public Beta 1). It may have bugs. It may mess with the sound of your presets. It may cause a singularity around your guitar causing you to get sucked into a parallel universe where time flows backwards and cats rule the world. Fractal Audio cannot be held responsible for any marital issues that may arise due to the use of this product.

There are no release notes at this time. Treat this like you've just opened the box and plugged in.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xl_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL+
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_1p00beta1.zip

XL and XL+ users get 20 additional factory cabs.

Updated Axe-Edit, FractalBot, etc. will be available shortly.

Wait a minute here. If I install this firmware into my AxeFx, am I going to start leaping into the bodies of past guitarists in different time periods trying to correct past wrongs hoping that my next leap will be back home? Does this firmware feature a holographic Al (Dean Stockwell) to help guide me through my adventures. Whoa..... cool...... I'm in.

Just loaded... I see (hear) some new amp models going on in there (or at least I haven't seen before)... just from noodling around, they seem to add to the pallet quite nicely...

tumblr_m5q7fn4DJS1rwnp75o1_500.gif

I usually get on the beta bandwagon but im going to grab some popcorn and wait on some feedback from braver people than me :) So Cliff what actually does this new software do? more realistic tones or is there more to it tha that?

Huge!!! Wow. Right away.

Loaded up the same Tweed Twin preset I had tweaked shortly before the release, and what I notice is clearer bass (tighter low end, like Mikko said below), more separation and clarity, and even sweeter top end. Good stuff.

Thanks Cliff. So awesome.

Love visiting family, but this is a great reason to get back home.

Last edited:
CLIPPAGE!!!!!

Mark IV and Suhr Veteran 30. First part is FW19 and the second part is Quantum. It's doing something to the dynamics right? When I played it I felt like the amp was a lot brighter but when I recorded it, it was equal brightness. It's not necessarily easily audible but when I'm palm muting the low end is tighter.

Niiiiiice!

Cliff has reset the atomic FW clock! This should be epic.

Got 48 hours to load/dial before first gig this week.

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom