Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

I did experience unexpected volume difference switching between Ideal and Authentic on the Sat switch, on a different model than Herbie ... That was the only oddity I noticed while trying to create presets, but I think I only did it once. It was more extreme than I would have expected. Is Ideal really supposed to be, like, twice as loud?

I'm not sure about the amount of the volume change, but this is by design. From what I recall, 'Ideal' mode was added after the saturation switch was improved to be more realistic. The change came with a volume reduction as the real world mod would have - this became the 'authentic' mode. Ideal was added as an alternative that didn't have the volume reduction (and maybe other things, who knows).

I think I am going to start all my patches over again from scratch after this update and I get the Friedman ASM cabinet...I need a Axefx reboot....

I have the Friedman ASM and had some patches I had created with the beta. As soon as this came out, I don't even need them. The stock presets, with minor tweaking, sound outstanding!!!

So.......... I personally don't have the presets, as they were not loaded. It's my understanding that they are never loaded. The last Time Cliff offered new presets was March 18 of this year, with 18.3, and they were not included "in" the firmware, they were in a separate folder, there for all down download should they wish.

Correct Cliff?

Well, the presets are named V18p03. So I'm not sure how new they are. Lol. But they sound new. I just went through the first 14, and these are actual good as is. Never was I able to use presets without editing. This is a first. These are really good. (I didn't update in March, so..)

The other thing; they all sound good or very acceptable on all 3 pickup configs. This was never true before, because of harshness or something

Last edited:
Hello,

there is something written in Quantum Release Notes that I don't understand:
"Mix two IRs from each cab for a myriad of sonic textures"
How would I exactly do that? How can I blend different IRs? Sorry for being a bit behind here. Maybe my english is insufficient as a native German...
Thanks for helping out,
L.

I have the Friedman ASM and had some patches I had created with the beta. As soon as this came out, I don't even need them. The stock presets, with minor tweaking, sound outstanding!!!
Yes I know you have the ASM... thanks :) I'm looking forward to hearing mine. I'm hoping this is the solution for me.

Hi all ,
is it just me or the amp just sounds good and only minor BNT adjustments are needed? I things Chris from KatsuKuriMedia said to try cap 60 and go for it. Yeah did that too. Any other suggestions/tweaks to try?

I just finished playing Quantum REALLY loud. I can sum it up in one word. FUCK-ME-SIDEWAYS! :eek:

Thanks to everyone at FAS for all the hard work. It's so appreciated

the VH4 ch3 silver is utterly beautiful

and is responsible for me starting my recording session late.. lmao

This is awesome. I know what I'll be doing tonight..... My guitar buddy was complimenting my tone the whole practice session last time when I had the Beta. He kept asking what did I do differently for my clean tone is so thick. I said, I don't really know, those people over at the Fractal website kept on releasing all these firmware. I just load and play....lol.... I can see that he can't hold it anymore and almost guarantee that he will grab the AX8 when it's released.... Thanks so much for the good Guitar tone Fractal team.....

Loving the update - I have definitely noticed a LOT more bass coming through - so much so, that I had to adjust the bass down on many of my presets. Is anyone else having to adjust the bass down? And I'm loving the Brit Silver and VH4 channel 3 Silver. Picked a blank preset spot, picked the amp, made a few 5 second adjustments to gain/volume etc. and they sound amazing ! Soon f'ing cool to have so many now even more killer amps at your fingertips - AND with (what appears to me anyway) much less tweaking.. AWESOME !

Ok... this is the scenario:
- nu official Q1 firmware
- nu Axe Edit
- Cab Lab in all his souce
- 17 Cab packs from FAS + many others packs you know
- next week will arrive the RAC12
so... my life is at the end... goodbye to all you people... was nice to be with you :cry
TNX Cliff & FAS :lol

Last edited:
ha this looks like a new sig for Cliff
That has a good ring.

Maybe 10 on the drive knob of the amp should be a user selected phrase, "f**k me sideways" could become popular. Oh yeah, but there is no child safety protocol like we have accessible on our TV remotes, so scratch that.

I contracted a new form of Alzheimer's called Quantum Axeheimer's. I clean my guitar strings, wipe the unwound strings with paper (_hey, pretty effective), then forget I spent 2 hours playing, pick the thing up 45 minutes later..

Apparently years ago also contracted a microscopic airborne "tell bad puns" worm., presumably from an old Line 6 Pod, with A.I.R.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom