Axe-FX II Phasor types/sounds

PhilDarg

For anyone who has received their Axe-FX II:

I would love to hear some sound samples highlighting the new phasor types in the Axe-FX II.

Thanks mucho in advance!

The new Phasors are

Wait for it . . .

Stun ning!

Get it?

Actually, I haven't even got to tweaking fx yet, just ABing Axe2 presets with my Standard. Lots of the presets in Bank B are the same so whenever I hit a preset that's identical, I hit the Bigshot and flip back and forth. So far, only Smokin' sounded better on the Standard. I'd say my general opinion is that the Standard sounds smoother and more processed, the Axe2 rawer in a good way. Still way too early to make detailed comparisons. Plus, there are people like Scott P and Mark Day that could probably articulate the differences better than me. In any case, I do not think anyone will be disappointed in Axe2. And for those that didn't jump the gun and sell their Ultras, I'd say enjoy your Ultra and not to worry.

I think they sound great. I never could get a better Script 90 sound from any other box than I am getting now... except by using a good Script 90 phaser pedal. LOL. :D.

I'll get into it when I do a review and go from there.

Would love to read your review Scott. Give me something to do while I'm waiting for the big brown truck. It's going to be a very long week!

Really? Anywhere between 4 and 12 stages of phase, including a vibe mode? How much more is there to go?

Yes, the preset types are there now, but still...

I never could get a better Script 90 sound from any other box than I am getting now... except by using a good Script 90 phaser pedal. LOL. :D.

Hmmm... So you're saying that the real one sounds better??
Interested here, because that's the phaser sound I'm going for.

Hmmm... So you're saying that the real one sounds better??
Interested here, because that's the phaser sound I'm going for.

I don't play the 'better' game any more. :D

It sounds killer. It really does. I like that you can dial it in any way you like and find it is easier in the 2 to get where I like. I like attaching tempo and controllers to things and using expression pedals, you cannot do that with stand alone phaser pedals. In those ways it is 'better'. No hype, just subjective opinion.

Really? Anywhere between 4 and 12 stages of phase, including a vibe mode? How much more is there to go?

Yes, the preset types are there now, but still...

If these "presets" are models of the original pedals, it should make a huge difference. Two four-stage designs can sound very different from each other depending on the shape and relative center frequencies of the notches as they sweep, the characteristics of the lfo, etc. You can't control this in the Ultra. I can get a great sounding phase, but not one that sounds just like a script 90.

I look forward to some clips of the modeled phasers in the II.

If these "presets" are models of the original pedals, it should make a huge difference. Two four-stage designs can sound very different from each other depending on the shape and relative center frequencies of the notches as they sweep, the characteristics of the lfo, etc. You can't control this in the Ultra. I can get a great sounding phase, but not one that sounds just like a script 90.

I look forward to some clips of the modeled phasers in the II.

I am not sure that types are models but like preset parameters

Since the 'Vibe' mode sets the all-pass frequency spacing, I just figured that 'Script 90' might do the same. Along with the new Feedback Tap parameter, I'd imagine I could get a pretty good result.

I'm thrilled they included the Phase 90. I hope they add the EVH (MXR) Flanger and the MXR Chorus too at some point. I am a real fan of the Van Halen sound and you just cant get close to Unchained and Aint Talkin Bout Love without the real deal in front of the amp. Id love to see these pedals added. I bet the Axe FX can do it with ease if these pedal mods were in the selection.

Im certain that the Flanger and Chorus sections of the Axe are outstanding... I'm also confident that they are better than those offered by the analog MXR pedals. I'm just looking to duplicate a certain sound that I've only found on the MXR products. I cant wait to hear how the Phase 90 mod sounds from AFX2 run into a Marsha Brown Eye mod. I'm sure someone else is an EVH nut and has allready dialed this in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom