Axe-Fx II - Multiple High Gain Re-Amps

I've been in IT for over 15 years. I can easily troubleshoot something like this. Logged in/logged out, the forum performs differently and error messages show up or don't. I gave you the module that implements these "tricks".

I really don't care what y'alls uninformed opinion of me is. This screenshot is further proof. I don't care to spend any more time on this.

IMO, Fractal Audio brought this thread down himself/themselves.

Last edited:
Mr_You, I normally refrain from getting involved in forum bickering, since it's rarely productive and just adds to the noise level. However, since I started this thread, I feel the urge to respond. I've also been in IT for years, so I'm not going to refute what you're insinuating on a technical basis as I'm sure such tools do exist. Whether or not your assertions are valid, maybe you should take a step back and ask yourself how we got here.

I don't personally have any beef with you, but you have to realize that you fit the profile of someone who is looking for trouble. You just joined the forum and have very few posts. Among those first few early posts, you decide to insist that your Soldano sounds better than anything the Axe-Fx or any other modeler can do. (Your statement alone is not a problem, but was a little out of place since you made it in a thread intended to just provide some sound samples of various presets to some forumites who had asked for clips. This was never intended to be an amp shootout.) You then point us to some web clips, which don't really prove your point. When asked to provide some clips of your own and more details of your setup, you provided neither.

I view your behavior as somewhat akin to showing up at a party where you don't know anyone, walking up to the host and guests, and telling them that the party sucks. Then when questioned, you don't even put a real effort to substantiate your claims and help improve the party.

I actually was legitimately asking for more details about what you'd suggest to approximate your rig within the AxeFx, but you chose not to respond. At this point, I'm no longer interested. I kindly request you stop the thread derailment and start a new thread in the Lounge about your complaints. I'm sure the new thread will receive a warm welcome and the attention it deserves.

Nicely written response Mitch. Very diplomatic yet to the point. Hopefully the issue is now closed and we can get back to the fun. I'd hate to have to 'unsubscribe'. ;-)
BJD

I hear a fizz/saturated sound in there after the quiet part. I listened through some AKG K220 headphones to all of them. Anybody else hear it?

Back
Top Bottom