Axe-Fx II - Multiple High Gain Re-Amps

mitch

Experienced
At the suggestion of some forum members, I decided to play around with re-amping tonight and provide clips of some of the higher gain amps.

You can download the individual files or just grab the zip file which has everything here...
The whole enchilada

For the sake of simplicity, all of these are based on the following factory presets:
014 - Recto Orange
017 - Euro Red
020 - Euro Uber
022 - SOLO100 Lead
024 - Friedman HBE
025 - PVH 6160
029 - Energy Ball
032 - Cameron High
033 - Fry D60 More
036 - FAS Modern
037 - Das Metal

The only change I made to each preset was bypassing the delay block, such that each chain consists of 3 blocks: Amp->Cab->Reverb. Even though I'm loving the room reverb built into the new cab block, I'm not using it here. (of these presets, only the Cameron one utilized the cab reverb, so I just dialed it down to zero). This was just meant to be a quick test rather than a scientific comparison, so I certainly wouldn't pass judgement against any particular amp based on these clips as they really weren't tweaked at all and are also utilizing different cabinets and other settings. I probably wouldn't use any of these exactly as-is (I'd at least cut some low end), but I didn't want to get into dialing in each one as that would've led me down a rathole....for another day. On the other hand, this might give you a rough idea of what you can get right out of the box.

The guitar is a beat up Epiphone Les Paul with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge, tuned to drop-C. The playing and slop is to be ignored, or else I'll sick one of my cats on you....the one that likes to piss and puke on things. ;)

I've had the Axe-FX II only about a week now, but will try to get some more clips up for others who may be waiting for a while. If there's anything in particular you want to hear, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

OMFG :eek: Still downloading the rest but that Recto Orange just blew me away! Very nice, can't wait to hear the others!

:twisted

Cheers.

Just listened to the rest and wow! Totally can't wait for my Axe II, this has refuelled the fire. Loving that Friedman HBE and of course the Recto Orange. Thanks for doing this!

Cheers,
Steve

You rock Mitch... downloading now...

Edit: My top three...
1. 6160
2. Das Metall
3. Recto Orange

The HBE and the Energy Ball sound very similar to the Ultra's... really bad... the HBE just sounds boxy, honky & nasally (all at the same time) and the Energy Ball (while the top end isn't as buzzy as the Ultra) still sounds strange... maybe that's just how the real amp sounds?

Last edited:
I've heard the Cameron CCV in person... WOW, what a great sounding amp... I have high hopes for it in the Axe-fx 2... I went to my buddy Matt's house about two months ago and I tried to mimic the sound of the Cameron with my Ultra/Carvin F1200... it wasn't even close... the Cameron ate my setup for a snack (going through the same cab)

Wow....

They all sound really good. But, I would have to say that the FAS, Recto Orange, Euro, and Das Metal just slay...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome, makes me wanna go home and play my axe 2 right now, Ive barely touched the different amps having so much fun with pv6160 friedman, and mboogie 2plus!

ps has anyone found a way to use axe 1 IR's? like the one suggested?

Thanks Mitch ..

thats really cool .even with the same riff same settings you can tell the different character .

The Recto ,Uber is darker ,thicker more low mid thump and bottom heavy.

The Mrshall/Soldano based PVH,Marsha ,Soldano .Brighter ,more bite ..

I really Dig the Recto orange for that sound.
The Marsha for the 80s Marshall hi gain
And the CCV for the more Modern in your face british gain..

they all sound good though .I liked the VHT as it was a dryer sounding tone .just like the actual VHT's I have used

Man, Loved your thread and the sounds.
For me its the best samples thread so far. It allows one to compare the same riff with all those amps. Its great.

Thank you very much and keep them coming :)

By the way for us dont still havent got their AXE2 can you tell us which speakers were on each of the presets?

One thing I will say... there's definitely more "girth" in these clips compared to most G1 clips... great job!

In the defence of the G1 - you can get it to sound like this and more. But then you'll have to use nebula programs, and not IRs for the cabs - IMO that combination seals the deal! But these clips are great! Almost GAS inducing... :)

Back
Top Bottom