Axe-Fx II FW v13.07 Released!

After going through most of the amps and preamps on the market, I finally found tonal nirvana when I bought my Rockmod II (especially when going through my Marshall 9200). The axe II is the only thing that has made me think about selling mine.

Chris, Thanks, I was wondering because they showed up in this new update. I guess they will always come with the latest and that Cliff will tell us if there were any changes that would require us to re upload the new speaker cab Ir's.
Gary

System Crash~~~HELP!!!!

After update the FW v13.07, the whole unit just crash! I reboot Axe-Fx II, then all lights turn on and didn’t move to next step. My MAC can recognize that Axe-Fx II is there, but I can not do anything to reload or re-update, it just being stuck!
Is there any way to force-start Axe-Fx II into the main page, or what should I do to fix the problem? Please help me up! THANKS!

I just tried to update to v13.07 and the same thing happened. Just as the update was finishing, the screen went blank. I had to shut it off because it was frozen. Now, when trying to boot, all the LED's are lit up and the screen is still blank and it won't boot. I guess I will have to contact support too.

Is the frequency of the bright knob fixed or variable? Also, is it set to a different frequency for each amp?
The frequency is fixed. I don't now whether it's different for each amp, but I hear similarities across amp models.

The new Bright control is very useful! Sounds great with every amp I've tried so far. I really dig what it does with the Top Boost model.

Cliff: Thanks for yet another useful parameter! :)

I updated to 13.07 from 13.02 and noticed that the Bright knob on my main patch (Pete Thorne PT68 preset) was defaulted to 12 noon.
I assumed this would be a neutral setting and you could add or cut from that central point.
However the patch sounded much brighter than before, it had a shrill ice-picky top end going on.
Should the bright knob be turned right down to zero to get the same sound as in FW 13.02?

I just tried to update to v13.07 and the same thing happened. Just as the update was finishing, the screen went blank. I had to shut it off because it was frozen. Now, when trying to boot, all the LED's are lit up and the screen is still blank and it won't boot. I guess I will have to contact support too.

Did you try this?

Q: My Axe-Fx II is behaving erratically or “froze up” while I was using it. What should I do?
A: First try a simple reboot. If that doesn’t work, Disconnect MIDI, USB and MFC and hold RECALL while you power on the unit. This will load an EMPTY preset, but won’t affect any of your saved settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you try this?

Q: My Axe-Fx II is behaving erratically or “froze up” while I was using it. What should I do?
A: First try a simple reboot. If that doesn’t work, Disconnect MIDI, USB and MFC and hold RECALL while you power on the unit. This will load an EMPTY preset, but won’t affect any of your saved settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried this and it didn't work. I'll have to wait to hear from support. Based on what I've read, it sounds like I'll probably need a new EPROM.

I updated to 13.07 from 13.02 and noticed that the Bright knob on my main patch (Pete Thorne PT68 preset) was defaulted to 12 noon.
I assumed this would be a neutral setting and you could add or cut from that central point.
However the patch sounded much brighter than before, it had a shrill ice-picky top end going on.
Should the bright knob be turned right down to zero to get the same sound as in FW 13.02?

Noon is neutral. The modeling is otherwise identical to 13.02.

I tried this and it didn't work. I'll have to wait to hear from support. Based on what I've read, it sounds like I'll probably need a new EPROM.

Yes. Happened to me last week. You have to buy a new bootable ROM. Follow the instructions carefully and reinstall the Firmware. I wasn't able to reboot with FractalBot...had to use a Sysex Librarian. Took about 1/2 hour.

Anything man made can break. This is the first time I ever had a problem. Got the part in about 4 days.
The only thing that was a tad annoying was the tiny $5.00 part cost over $15 to ship.

You will be back up and running in no time!

Yes. Happened to me last week. You have to buy a new bootable ROM. Follow the instructions carefully and reinstall the Firmware. I wasn't able to reboot with FractalBot...had to use a Sysex Librarian. Took about 1/2 hour.

Anything man made can break. This is the first time I ever had a problem. Got the part in about 4 days.
The only thing that was a tad annoying was the tiny $5.00 part cost over $15 to ship.

You will be back up and running in no time!

FYI: Good news, there is US Mail option for shipping which is about $2-$3 at checkout.

Reactions: sam
Sad to report that today (one day after installing the ROM and all was fine with 13.02, I tried to install FW 13.07 and BAM……crashed again.
I guess I need to buy ANOTHER ROM?

Is there a known problem with Fractal-Bot that is causing this?

I have never had any issues before.

Sad to report that today (one day after installing the ROM and all was fine with 13.02, I tried to install FW 13.07 and BAM……crashed again.
I guess I need to buy ANOTHER ROM?

Is there a known problem with Fractal-Bot that is causing this?

I have never had any issues before.

You can reuse the ROM. Follow the instructions included.

scary stuff about crashes, are there a certain amount of crashes in eproms or they just invariably break?

...are there a certain amount of crashes in eproms...?
There are 17 crashes in each EPROM. :)

...or they just invariably break?
Not invariably. Yours and mine are still going strong. So are almost everyone else's. There are 20,000 members on the forum. Fewer than a dozen have reported crashes like this. That's pretty good odds.

Anyway, it's not so much that they die as they get programmed with wrong data during an update that gets glitchy,

Back
Top Bottom