Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

so I've asked this already but on one has answered
did Cliff replace some of the original Stock Ir's with these or do we now have these in addition to what we already had?
I have a lot of RW OH cabs loaded I don't want them to be over written

Added to the end of the list, right before the User section.

Added to the end of the list, right before the User section.

yes i think thats why my user cab 1 got nuked on a few patches (totally speculative, as i dont know how they get added in the code) producing no sound till i picked an ir.

yes i think thats why my user cab 1 got nuked on a few patches (totally speculative, as i dont know how they get added in the code) producing no sound till i picked an ir.

That should not happen. I'd report it as a bug and send support the patch and the IR to test. That was worked on specifically in the beta process.

How is this new vh4 different from das metall?

there are now 3 VH4 channels to choose from [2, 3 and 4]

chan 4 is pretty much exactly the same as Das Metall to my ears
if there are differences there's nothing I'm noticing in a big way

The new cabs aren't labelled as to what they are in AxeEdit 317. They just say "Factory Cab xx". I'm not near the unit to see if they are properly named in the Axe itself.

Gigging this weekend, think I'll wait on this one. Darn! I wanted to try out those new amps!

Gigging this weekend, think I'll wait on this one. Darn! I wanted to try out those new amps!
Just back up your stuff (firmware, system, presets) and load 7. Try it out, then load previous firmware, system, and presets back in.

I'm gigging today in less than four hours, but if I get a chance I'll do it. I'll definitely be playing 7.0 at my gigs this weekend.

Backup and do a restore if you have to. The process of 7.0 is surprisingly easy, just initialize each amp and do a few minor tweaks. Normally I'd say wait, but my guess is you'll want to play this version.

there are now 3 VH4 channels to choose from [2, 3 and 4]

chan 4 is pretty much exactly the same as Das Metall to my ears
if there are differences there's nothing I'm noticing in a big way

I have a/b'd them and they are different. In a good way. I use the Das Metall sim a lot for certain sounds and it is still a valuable sim. Just different.

EVERYTHING SOUNDS BETTER. How? I dunno. It just does.
I put in 10 hours of playing yesterday and last night with 7.0 public beta and Im amazed.
Holy shit Cliff and FAS. Im blown out of the water!
I will say more when I can put it in to words.

After the scars that I got from the 5.04b, I think I'll wait patiently for the official release. Although with all the wonderful things that I am hearing, it gets harder every hour to resist.

5.04b was official release. b does not equal beta. Anyway, I'm also waiting for the actual 7.00 release.

I have some down time before my next gig so I decided what the hell, backed my stuff up and loaded 7. I thought I loved this box at 6.02, I am really impressed by the dynamics what a joy to play. I'm playing a benefit gig in a couple weeks with 4 other bands. Since my band is providing sound and both myself and the other guitar play go to FOH without amps everyone is using our rigs. I cannot wait to see the expression on some of these guys faces when they play my rig with V7:D

Um, i a/bed the DAS metal and the new vh4, and they sound totally different! The das metal is one of my all time fav amps on both the ultra as well as the ii, but they sound different. The new vh4 looks like it's gonna be the new fav though :D

i just did the update and am noticing that my drive block volumes are quite a bit louder than they were in 6.02. has anyone noticed this or am i losing my mind?

Back
Top Bottom