Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Available

Is there an easy way to tell if the bank updates took successfully, sent the sysex files with sysex librarian, but can't tell if I have the updated presets...firmware update worked...

Cliff and team FAS - thank you so much! Awesome sounds and feel. I especially dig Dirty Shirley. One small hitch though, the v7 amp additions don't show in my Axe Edit. Win7 sp1.

V

I've loaded V7 firmware, but cannot figure out how to load the new 3 banks of factory presets listed at the top of this thread. Can someone help the new guy?

Although it's been said many times, many ways, kudos to Cliff and the FAS teams. As much as I love my guitars, the FX is the best gear I ever bought. Most gear just gets older. Your gear gets better.

I've loaded V7 firmware, but cannot figure out how to load the new 3 banks of factory presets listed at the top of this thread. Can someone help the new guy?

1. Download Axe-Fx II Preset Banks A, B and C to your desktop.

2. Open Axe-Edit.

3. Open Axe-Manage

4. In AXE-EDIT tab click on Banks and open Axe-Fx II folder.

5. Drag Banks A, B & C to Axe-Fx II Banks folder

6. Right click on V7_Bank_A.syx, V7_Bank_B.syx & V7_Bank_C

7. Scroll to Send to Axe-Fx > This Bank

8. Select Bank For Bank File… A, B or C and SAVE

The problem only exists if I am using the MFC. If I am on preset 128 and I step on the next button, preset 129 displays for just an instant...just a fraction of a second...then it takes me to preset 12. But if I dial up 129 on the front of the Axe, 129 loads up and displays on the MFC with no problem. Seems like an MFC setting is off

Just a quick followup on this thread...this was caused by accidentally turning "mapping" on in the i/o midi menu. Count me with many others in the forum that have been helped by Cobbler:D

Diezel vh4-3 (its been said ) but woooooooooooooooowww yeow kick kcik kick kowwwwwwww. Also no prob. with axe edit, and my old presets sound good. new v7 so far so good, placebo? I dont know but I like it, less compressed more dynamics, new verb sounds much better.

I'm having a problem with my old presets. When I open a bank that has presets built in the old firmware... the new dynamics parameter defaults to -100%. I've gone in and set it to 0 and re-saved. Problem is, when I select those presets now, it sounds as if the dynamics is set to -100% even though the knob is at 0. If I double click it (which resets it to 0), it's now fine. I re-save again, but the problem happens every time. Anyone have any suggestions?

FYI: Using the latest Axe Edit exclusively. Very rarely touch the actual unit.

Also, what is the difference between Das Metal and the new VH4 Ch.4? Was a different amp used to model it (different tubes, etc.)?

Very rarely touch the actual unit.
Give your unit some love from time to time... :D

Also, what is the difference between Das Metal and the new VH4 Ch.4? Was a different amp used to model it (different tubes, etc.)?
Das Metal is Cliff's VH4 ch4 sim by ear only (and loosely based on a schematic). The new one is the full-on sim (schematics, real-life calibration, ...)

Noob question: I saved my presets and succesfully updated to 7. Do I also first need to update banks a, b and c and then load back my own presets in the Axe again? Or is just updating to the last firmware enough to hear all upgrades?

Noob question: I saved my presets and succesfully updated to 7. Do I also first need to update banks a, b and c and then load back my own presets in the Axe again? Or is just updating to the last firmware enough to hear all upgrades?

afaik, you are correct, IF you want the new presets, re upload them.

Thanks for the update!! At first my presets of 6.01 sounded a bit weird, but after some tweaking and playing i noticed that the Amp sims feels better (so realistic) and has a ton more of sustain with that great new compreshion knob in the amp block. For me, all models are sounding more defined and clearer now. Great Update!!!

Last edited:
You need to treat your gear kind of rough... you give it too much love and it gets lazy ;)

Give your unit some love from time to time... :D

Das Metal is Cliff's VH4 ch4 sim by ear only (and loosely based on a schematic). The new one is the full-on sim (schematics, real-life calibration, ...)

Ahhhh, gotcha. The new one sounds awesome!

here are two videos that have helped me in the past..
hope they are of some help to you guys.
Axe-FX II Tutorial (en): Firmware update - YouTube
Updating Preset Banks on Axe FX II from Axe Edit - YouTube

Can anyone help with keeping the TM?
I am in the middle of recording an album, and got the 1st track down, and now that I upgraded, lost all my Tone Match blocks, everything sounds wrong now.
Am I going to have to make new Tone Matches, or is there a way to recover this from the previous firmware?

Can anyone help with keeping the TM?
I am in the middle of recording an album, and got the 1st track down, and now that I upgraded, lost all my Tone Match blocks, everything sounds wrong now.
Am I going to have to make new Tone Matches, or is there a way to recover this from the previous firmware?

Why don't you downgrade to the firmware you were running before hand, finish your album, and then upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom