Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.01 Up

Jeez guys... you gotta stop doing this... lmao...

now I'm starting to find my way around the Axe-II tonally... and prompted by your JVM comments...
I just gone and dialled in a killer JVM OD2 lead tone....

at this rate I'll never gig or record again...
I reckon I'll just end up endlessly goofing with da box... lmao...

Have you tried loading 5.07? At least to see if you can get back to the previous point?
I briefly reloaded 5.07, but didn't spend any significant time on it. It was a stepping stone to re-applying 6.01 as a test...which didn't fix anything. I'm ultimately just going to wait to hear from Fractal on this one, as I haven't had much guitar time this weekend anyway.

The new 5150 III Red is truly amazing. All in all, a really good update. Thanks FAS!

My only problem is Axe-Edit. Connected through MOTU Express 128 and crashes each time I plug it in. I have to restart Axe-Edit two-three times per each 4-5 hour session. Really annoying. Is it me or there's a global failure with Axe-Edit working with third party MIDI devices?

I briefly reloaded 5.07, but didn't spend any significant time on it. It was a stepping stone to re-applying 6.01 as a test...which didn't fix anything. I'm ultimately just going to wait to hear from Fractal on this one, as I haven't had much guitar time this weekend anyway.

Weird. Except from resetting the System Params, did you try resetting the Amp block?

Some patches acting odd after update

I had a weird issue after updating to 6.01 using the latest Axe Edit via USB on a Windows 7 Dell laptop.
I use about 35 patches, 2 of them are acting bizarrely after the update. I performed the update 2 more times just in case something went wrong, but it's still there.
It's not critical, I was able to rebuild the patch from the factory preset and add in my changes.
But, I'm attaching it here to see if it acts strangely for others, and for FAS reference in case it helps in debugging.
Its basically the Stone in Love patch, with changes so its routed for OUT1 to my EVM12L and OUT2 to FOH. There appears to be some pitch shifting and static now. I tried bypassing each block to isolate the problem, but was unable to...

View attachment Stone in Love .syx

I upgraded from 6.0 to 6.01. I downgraded to 6.0 and it was gone. Upgraded to 6.01 again and it was back.

Curious if allot of you that are loving 6.0 and 6.01 are on FRFR or amp and cab? I loaded 6.01 and just came back from my bands rehearsal space, and was pretty disappointed. I am an amp/cab guy and there is just something happening with the high end here that I can't figure out. I am failing to get a nice smooth tone, a few of the amps have an odd high end that I can't dial out, and a number of them just sound the same to me( different amps have the same characteristic sound, which they certainly shouldnt). For me this actually does sound a little better than 6.0 did( I had a number of problems trying to get even a useable tone with 6.0), but not as good as 5.07 that I used earlier in the week with the band. Yes I did a system reset, yes I reset the amps from 5.07 and reworked them the best that I could. Im sort of at a loss here.
Are you using prior presets/other peoples presets? Have you tried just dialing in one from scratch? (BTW, yes I'm FRFR but I feel for ya).

4 hours later. I have never gotten this kind of harmonic complexity out of any firmware. 5153 single coil front emg giving me my Steve Morse lead tones dead on.
I'm really Jazzed about this.
Its all falling in place now for me!
I agree with this - the smoothness and harmonic complexity are there - or am I hypmotyzed? If not, the feel and sound have continued to improve with the last two firmwares, and with this one, its very difficult to stop playing. One big point for me was that I had put the new drive models before some amps, and was like, these two drive models are just light-years ahead of most of the others. Then I checked, and now the other drive models work the amps and breath life in better than before, more richness, less homogenization....There's a little desirable fluctuation. Its like raw milk and the fx blocks are the cookies!

The new 5150 III Red is truly amazing. All in all, a really good update. Thanks FAS!

My only problem is Axe-Edit. Connected through MOTU Express 128 and crashes each time I plug it in. I have to restart Axe-Edit two-three times per each 4-5 hour session. Really annoying. Is it me or there's a global failure with Axe-Edit working with third party MIDI devices?

I use the usb port on XP. Axe edit crashes one or twice every couple of hours, havent nailed down what exactly causes it, different every time, But I start Ax edit back up and continue. Still better than looking at the front panel.

I was joking and also putting some info out there.
People underestimate the skills and aural benefits that come with full-time gigging and dialing for that.
Flip side of that, there's incredibly talented players who don't gig at all.
Either scenario, they're probably having more luck at dialing than those who struggle on a regular basis with firmware updates.

This often boils down to skills and given talent, thus the god joke.
To clarify, even that joke had a disclaimer "I gave them a gift I didn't give to EVERY bedroom/amateur".
To clarify further, the Axe-Fx shines in the hands of someone with an ear and years spent with the axe-fx.
Even further clarification, people who aren't guitar heroes or even gigging full time can eventually get damn good at dialing the Axe-Fx.

Skills and ear can be developed without gigging full time, but if you add together given ear talent and full-time gigging, it's not that difficult to redial when a big firmware update changes everything.

IMO, YMMV, etc

It's a small price to pay, right?!? If someone told me I could get all of these sounds, but I just had to deal with re-tweaking presets on most Firmware-updates, I'd take that all-day-long! - LOL!

Bill

Just updating this thread to confirm that I was able to resolve my tone issues with help from support (thanks Matt!) I'm essentially fully reset back to factory condition now. Still not exactly sure what was causing the problem, but all's well that ends well. I'd suggest anyone with significant problems with 6.01 contact support for guidance. I say "significant problems" since the tonal issues were clearly beyond the normal amount of change I've seen with any other minor version firmware update.

Now I finally understand what people are raving about with the 5153...that thing rocks!

Just updating this thread to confirm that I was able to resolve my tone issues with help from support (thanks Matt!) I'm essentially fully reset back to factory condition now. Still not exactly sure what was causing the problem, but all's well that ends well. I'd suggest anyone with significant problems with 6.01 contact support for guidance. I say "significant problems" since the tonal issues were clearly beyond the normal amount of change I've seen with any other minor version firmware update.

Now I finally understand what people are raving about with the 5153...that thing rocks!
Great, but could you explain what was wrong and has been corrected ?

Great, but could you explain what was wrong and has been corrected ?
To be honest, I don't know exactly what was wrong or what exactly was the cure. I reapplied the firmware and resent the factory banks to the Axe-Fx yet again. I will say that I sent the banks via Axe-Manage instead of Axe-Edit this time around, so maybe that had something to do with it, but that's a complete guess. If you or anyone else reading this is experiencing this issue, contacting support is really the way to go.

To be honest, I don't know exactly what was wrong or what exactly was the cure. I reapplied the firmware and resent the factory banks to the Axe-Fx yet again. I will say that I sent the banks via Axe-Manage instead of Axe-Edit this time around, so maybe that had something to do with it, but that's a complete guess. If you or anyone else reading this is experiencing this issue, contacting support is really the way to go.
Would you post the steps to the process that FAS directed you thru. I'm haveing the same problems. Plus a strange volume change when switching from edited X amp to Y for comparison, then back to the edited X, volume changes, maybe more than just volume, but something changes from what I had just set-up..

Back
Top Bottom