Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 6.01 Up

I'd love to see a Lovepedal COT50 blue LED drive pedal model down the road a ways. Stacking the COT50 and Eternity as a great sounding combo!

yes! this would be a fantastic addition to the axe II.

Since I´ve updated to 6.01 all my clean sounds are crunchy or distorted. Is it possible to reload 6.0 and than again to 6.01. I ´ll hope, that my first update to 6.01 was incorrect and a new update will fix the problem. Any ideas?

Since I´ve updated to 6.01 all my clean sounds are crunchy or distorted. Is it possible to reload 6.0 and than again to 6.01. I ´ll hope, that my first update to 6.01 was incorrect and a new update will fix the problem. Any ideas?

Are you sure that your global cab settings didn't get turned to off?

yes, you can re-install the 6.0 if you like, check and control so your presets are all ok (make backups of course too). then upgrade to 6.1 again and check presets once more. after upgrading perhaps do a system reset too (shouldnt be needed in this case, but never know...)

Checked my clean presets (dont have too many totally clean ones) but sound all ok to me. Perhaps there was one or two that had a tad more level and caused output.

you can also post one of your problem presets and some people here can check them out

i have loose bass response and very harsh top end on all patches on 6.0 and 6.1. all hi gain amps are like boss metal zone..... when i re-install 5.7 is all ok. i don't know what to do?

i have loose bass response and very harsh top end on all patches on 6.0 and 6.1. all hi gain amps are like boss metal zone..... when i re-install 5.7 is all ok. i don't know what to do?
I'm having similar issues at the moment on 6.01. I had something similar happen when I went to 6.0, but a system reset seemed to solve it. It's not resolving it in this case though.

Question for Fractal or the beta testers.... is there anything that could persist beyond a normal firmware update / system reset / factory preset update process that could be causing an issue? Could the "nasty bug" related to global blocks have corrupted something on particular units? At this point, I'd really like to do a complete wipe and restore to factory settings, beyond what a normal system reset does. Any advice?

Also, I noticed if I open factory bank A from disk in Axe-Edit, many of the high gain presets have the Y amp set to the 59 Bassguy. If I then transfer those same presets to the Axe-Fx, they end up having the 5153 RED amp as the Y setting and many of the advanced parameters are way off from what they should be. I don't frequently use Axe-Edit, so would typically chalk it up to a bug, but I'm seeing the same problem even when I transfer the banks using MIDI-OX. Any thoughts?

before 6.0 i never had problems with firmware upgrade on standard,ultra and 2. maybe others have problems with corrupted files(just guessing) on Mac?

I'm having similar issues at the moment on 6.01. I had something similar happen when I went to 6.0, but a system reset seemed to solve it. It's not resolving it in this case though.

Question for Fractal or the beta testers.... is there anything that could persist beyond a normal firmware update / system reset / factory preset update process that could be causing an issue? Could the "nasty bug" related to global blocks have corrupted something on particular units? At this point, I'd really like to do a complete wipe and restore to factory settings, beyond what a normal system reset does. Any advice?

Also, I noticed if I open factory bank A from disk in Axe-Edit, many of the high gain presets have the Y amp set to the 59 Bassguy. If I then transfer those same presets to the Axe-Fx, they end up having the 5153 RED amp as the Y setting and many of the advanced parameters are way off from what they should be. I don't frequently use Axe-Edit, so would typically chalk it up to a bug, but I'm seeing the same problem even when I transfer the banks using MIDI-OX. Any thoughts?

Contact support and they can probably give you instructions to fix. I don't feel comfortable due to the possibility of really messing things up.

Thank you for your support. I did as you told me. But the problem isn´t gone. Maybe I have to tweak my presets again.

Contact support and they can probably give you instructions to fix. I don't feel comfortable due to the possibility of really messing things up.
Thanks, Sean. Totally understood. I sent them an email last night, but it's not urgent, so I'll just wait to hear back.

Just loaded 6.1. 5153 is ffnnn amazing. I use the pedal compressor in allot of patches love the new emphasis dial.
Cliff and staff.. you kick a** !!!

edit 2 hours later, still badass
a whole new bank of 10 setup around it!!

Last edited:
4 hours later. I have never gotten this kind of harmonic complexity out of any firmware. 5153 single coil front emg giving me my Steve Morse lead tones dead on.
I'm really Jazzed about this.
Its all falling in place now for me!

To my ears, the effect was indiscernible but the harmonic ratio is slightly different.

I personally heard a difference right away.. not a massive difference.. like a gentle softening of the extreme highs..
this could be though because the 5150 plays a major roll in my own presets and you pointed out that this was re-modeled..

anyways.. I love it... wonderful stuff.. it really hits the spot for me..

Back
Top Bottom