Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.00 Up

Ok holy crap! It was a tweak thing on my end. I got the shiver back to where I like it... but this time around.... it's so F***ING responsive!!!!!!!

You think to yourself how can my tone be any better. I love this sound!! When you introduce V5 blood into your black box it is going to throw all of you for a ride.

DAMN!!! This is a dangerous update Cliff. I think I'm feeling very ill all of the sudden. Work may have to hold off.... lol

Guys - this update just FEELS amazing... the sound has upgraded a little I'd say. But the FEEL is outstanding! The strings just explode off of your fretboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do the shiver cleans sound to you guys? After the update they seem very over driven. Perhaps it's just a tweak thing on my end. It's almost sound like as if the speaker drive in the basic amp settings is up full blast.

FYI: I am tweaking from the front panel rather than axe edit atm as well.

Same here, but it seems to be all my patches? Almost like the input from the guitar is cranked way high, even noisy. Even my Fender patches are overdriven. Starting to tweak but I don't think this is right... might re-load v5 just to be sure...

NEVER MIND. OP error as usual. Am using a Boss recorder and the stupid COSM switch was on. Flick Boss off - sweet Axe returns!!

Last edited:
Also did you guys noticed that this firmware updated in about half the amount of time compared to previous versions? It updated in under 30 seconds.
Not here, it's taking several minutes. I'm wondering if that may not be part of your issues...corrupted during the transfer or something?

Also did you guys noticed that this firmware updated in about half the amount of time compared to previous versions? It updated in under 30 seconds.

This was my first update on the II and it was noticeable faster than updates on my Ultra (no surprise, midi-over-usb), but it was definitely longer than 30 seconds.
Didn't watch the clock, but it was more around two minutes, I guess.

How do the shiver cleans sound to you guys? After the update they seem very over driven. Perhaps it's just a tweak thing on my end. It's almost sound like as if the speaker drive in the basic amp settings is up full blast.

FYI: I am tweaking from the front panel rather than axe edit atm as well.

Something doesn't sound right with the level on Shiver Clean. Running through some of the stock presets and the Shiver Clean is waaaayyy louder than the others and sounds somewhat muffled and overdriven.

The Shiva Clean preset from the previous firmware is not compatible. You will need to lower the Master.

The Shiva Clean preset from the previous firmware is not compatible. You will need to lower the Master.

Ahh, thanks for the quick response! I figured I would need to dive in and do some minor tweaking, but I was just going by the presets...which all sound superb by the way. High 5 on v5!

Having trouble-V5 not installing. Axe Edit is sending the file to my Axe FX II, but its not opening/installing. Axe Edit gives me a message "check midi settings, Firmware is the same" or something. The axe says Transfer error than just goes back to the last preset. help?

Last edited:
Cliff,

Quick question, the volume on USA CLEAN 1 seems really low compared to the other amps, is that correct? It may be my ears but I checked multiple presets and I do use that amp quite a bit and I don't remember it being that soft before. By the way, everything else is sounding GREAT! This update is really awesome, thanks again!

Rich

The weirdness I got was axedit saying 100% complete but not to reboot while firmware was installing but axefx said 100% complete turn off wait 5 seconds and turn on.
Axefx says version5 now and axeedit reads version 5 too so i guess its all good. Gotta go check it out now.

Problem: after updating the EQ on my amp1(Y) block with FAS 6160 went wackado it set 2k, 4k, 8k sliders all the way down to -12db, "speaker drive" shot up to 8 something, "voicing" flipped to dark, and "balace" changed as well. I'm not sure if other things are off.
it wasn't pretty lol. All retweaked now, seems OK.

I used axe-edit to update the firmware but didn't use it to tweak or edit the presets.

Last edited:
This is completely random and has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I think it would be rad if the Free Credit Report . com band started using Axe II's (v5, of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
The weirdness I got was axedit saying 100% complete but not to reboot while firmware was installing but axefx said 100% complete turn off wait 5 seconds and turn on.
Axefx says version5 now and axeedit reads version 5 too so i guess its all good. Gotta go check it out now.

Yeah--I've had that happen with the last two updates. Just do what the front of the Axe-FX says and ignore Axe-Edit staying at 100% and not verifying the update. Turn the Axe-FX off and on, shut down and open up Axe-Edit, and it will show the new firmware number at the top of the Axe-Edit screen.

Awesome update!! Really sounds alive :-0

One thing I've noticed is my X amps sound normal and my Y amps level is really low now. Discovered that xformer match in the Y only is cranked up to 2+ which makes the level lower. When I put it back to default (where I always have it) the volume returns to normal. Only happens on Y amps.

Geez - can't wait to get back from travel - so I can play with v.5 - I was still having fun with v.4 :) My MFC and v5 will arrive on the same day. I may not step foot in the office this week at all. :)

I take the family out for dinner each time theres a fw update.... Don't wanna seem ungrateful, but.... this is gettin expensive.... :)

This is completely random and has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I think it would be rad if the Free Credit Report . com band started using Axe II's (v5, of course).

When you're a rock star,
You get to party hard.
Champagne and caviar,
AxeFx and fancy guitar.

That's just how I thought it'd be,
Except the party's not for me,
Cause some punk opened a credit card with my ID.
Now I sold my Axe by God,
I'm playing thru a Line6 Pod.

Back
Top Bottom