Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.00 Up

I'm still ignorant on exactly how this happened.

I have had a hell of a time getting a decent Stones/Keef sound.

Updated, flipped to the stock Vibroverb patch, turned a couple of knobs and suddenly it's almost there! Now if I could just remember exactly what knobs I turned.....

Updated FW, loaded my goto preset, and the output is like -80 dB. Oh my. Tracked it down to Cab2 Y getting trashed. The preset is giving the CPU warning, so I'm not sure if that is related to the block being changed. I checked a few other presets randomly but they seem OK.

Deleted a couple of blocks, set Cab2 Y back where it belongs, and it's working. But... the CPU is still 89%. That seems high for what is in the preset, and a quick check of the V4 factory presets shows the CPU warning on A002: Brownface (didn't check further).

Is this expected behavior?

Edit: I discovered that the CPU Warning on the factory preset is related to AxeEdit.

Last edited:
Updated FW, loaded my goto preset, and the output is like -80 dB. Oh my. Tracked it down to Cab2 Y getting trashed. The preset is giving the CPU warning, so I'm not sure if that is related to the block being changed. I checked a few other presets randomly but they seem OK.

Deleted a couple of blocks, set Cab2 Y back where it belongs, and it's working. But... the CPU is still 89%. That seems high for what is in the preset, and a quick check of the V4 factory presets shows the CPU warning on A002: Brownface (didn't check further).

Is this expected behavior?

I'm with ya here. Went to my goto preset which worked fine on 4.01. Got CPU overload errors up the ying yang and found that it was running at 96%. I'm just going to start rebuilding at this point.

How do the shiver cleans sound to you guys? After the update they seem very over driven. Perhaps it's just a tweak thing on my end. It's almost sound like as if the speaker drive in the basic amp settings is up full blast.

FYI: I am tweaking from the front panel rather than axe edit atm as well.

Last edited:
Also did you guys noticed that this firmware updated in about half the amount of time compared to previous versions? It updated in under 30 seconds.

Apart from the increase in %CPU - how does it sound ? Is it noticeably different i.e. dynamic modeling etc.
I'm at work so cannot try it out yet ! :mrgreen

sounds like lots of changes, I have no idea what they will do, hope they just make everything shred, rock, sing and ring. Thanks ahead of time.

Damn it, it sounds good!
Bouncy, snappy, and as much grease as you care to slather on it....it's there.
Put the enhancer on after the cab, season with the right verb and put some headphones on and be prepared to not stop playing.
Can't wait to play it at some good volume with the band.

Back
Top Bottom