Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

2cents, some companies offer a grace period or an upgrade discount and some don't.
I know for fact I almost bought a new Ultra when the II was released a month later and I was super glad I held off but can sympathize with the unfortunate souls that got stung. Same thing here, I'm happy I've held off on buying IR packs. Sadly this could be discussed and argued to no end but it is what is I guess.

And Gold goes to Cliff and FAS crew !!! FW 13 sounds like a huge leap and really I'm excited about several new features.Thank you guys for continuing your commitment to excellence.I love the FW 13 graphic too by the way,very metal \m/ \m/

Thanks Cliff and team FAS for such a superb update/major enhancement! The Ultra res IRs' are sweet! I happily ponied up for cab lab.

Last edited:
Moving fully to UltraRes cabinet IRs is a no brainer for me after playing with the new firmware supplied cabs tonight. I'm definitely getting the available UR cab packs and any FAS will produce in the future. Even more amazing to think you get 5% CPU back for such an improvement in cab IR quality and feel. I especially like how adding low end fills in the tone but is more 'controlled' with the UR IR's.

In Axe-Manage, an IR in italics indicates an UltraRes IR.

Thanks Yek. I was surprised to see a number of other IRs (non-Fractal) that I've had for months also show up in italics. Since UR didn't exist in the wild prior to the release of 13, I'm presuming the italics would mean they are long enough to be converted to UR??

Cheers,

Lee

Thanks Yek. I was surprised to see a number of other IRs (non-Fractal) that I've had for months also show up in italics. Since UR didn't exist in the wild prior to the release of 13, I'm presuming the italics would mean they are long enough to be converted to UR??

Cheers,

Lee

Yeah, I'm seeing a few older IR's showing up in Italics and they definitely aren't UltraRes...

I can't believe how connnected my guitar now seems to the amp. Wow! Whatever Cliff changed made huge difference in what I'm hearing and feeling. Thanks so much!

Just messed around with the new bass amps a bit. Sounds great. FAS BASS sounds bad-ass. I'm very happy to have more bass options. I just upgraded from an Ibanez SR-705 to and EBMM StingRay 5 so the timing of this is awesome. I'm so stoked. I'm basically only playing bass these days re-recording old bass tracks. Really improving the sound of the songs. Thank you for this. Someone bring on the Ultra Res bass cabs...

Just messed around with the new bass amps a bit. Sounds great. FAS BASS sounds bad-ass. I'm very happy to have more bass options. I just upgraded from an Ibanez SR-705 to and EBMM StingRay 5 so the timing of this is awesome. I'm so stoked. I'm basically only playing bass these days re-recording old bass tracks. Really improving the sound of the songs. Thank you for this. Someone bring on the Ultra Res bass cabs...

Someone already did :). I've been playing with these today and they sound great.
http://http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/81453-mesa-boogie-ebs-bass-cabs-ultrares.html

FIRST: TNX FAS & Cliff... AxeFxII + your hard work = the guitarist's dream! :encouragement:
SECOND: for those who are begging about the UltraRes Cab Pack... FAS is a company... with a lot of R&D... and our HDD in a few months are full of FW upgrades... software upgrades... and a selection of UltraRes cabs... and all this stuff just for free!!!
There is an effective way to really say TNX to this great company: if you want the full UltraRes IRs collection... buy the pack... and shut the F**k up!!! :roll

Back
Top Bottom