Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Hell yeah! Thank you Cliff, and FAS team!!

I only have one question. In the future when you finish capturing the IR's, will all the stock cabs be UltraRes?

read the release notes ...

"Added “Null” microphone type to Cabinet block. This type has no coloration but allows the Proximity effect to be employed"
I am liking this feature a lot!! does some really neat stuff with the SS Ir's !!

Yes, reset the amp block. In my case, with 12.04B, I heard very little change if any, until I reset the amp block.

Terry.
I may be the only one, seems no one else mentions it, but resetting the cab block makes a difference for me also!

The included UltraRes OH cabs:

Sorry is this was asked already. The 1x12 series of theOH IRs is still incomplete right? Some speakers are missing. Will the Producer Pack 3 be updated to include the missing ones if we purchase this version?

Just compared an ULTRARES to its normal counterpart, pffffft!!!!!! Thank you so much Cliff for this ENORMOUS update. These are the real deal.
Hard for me to tell how much is Ultrares and how much is the different captures. I loaded a couple of the 10 freebies into a stereo cab block and they still sound wunderbar.

Hard for me to tell how much is Ultrares and how much is the different captures. I loaded a couple of the 10 freebies into a stereo cab block and they still sound wunderbar.

I tell you it's hard to save for the XL when you have these glorious own hammer Hires ir's available in the fractal store...

what do I do....hmmm

question. I'm using the Dumble clean amp as my main preset, is there anything else in that cab pack 3 that works as well or better then the ones provided by Cliff in the release?

I'm not terribly interested in the XL's features right now but I am popping for Producer Pack 3. I seem prefer the new captures and after 12 gratis FW upgrades (my AxeFx came with 1.01 or 1.02) I'm willing to kick in a few more bucks for a slew of cool IRs.

I'm not terribly interested in the XL's features right now but I am popping for Producer Pack 3. I seem prefer the new captures and after 12 gratis FW upgrades (my AxeFx came with 1.01 or 1.02) I'm willing to kick in a few more bucks for a slew of cool IRs.

I hear ya, I think there is this gnawing feeling in my head, that once the XL is released, he is going to do something to that thing, that blows us away. He has a pattern of behavior for that.

Ill go go ahead and get the cab pack 3 and have to wait a couple weeks for the XL, I know 1st world problems.

Watch out when testing the new bass amps, switching on the FAT switch while using "FAS BASS" will result in a nasty noise sweep I'll post it into the bug section too. My favorite model of the new bass amps.

Last edited:
Watch out when testing the new bass amps, switching on the FAT switch while using "FAS BASS" will result in a nasty noise sweep I'll post it into the bug section too.

Bug is already known and logged.

I thought that the default value of the Proximity parameter was 5.0.
No?

In Axe Edit, if I double click on the Proximity virtual knob it jumps to 5.0 so I always assumed that was the neutral default.

Do I have that wrong, or is 0.0 the neutral default just with the new Null mic type?

FWIW
I like 5.0 being "neutral" (i.e. no proximity added or taken away) so I can lower it as another option for taming the bottom-end of some IRs.

You could take a 3rd party IR that was shot with a close mic technique and simulate less of the proximity effect by calling up the Null mic type and turning the Proximity *down* rather than up.

Or am I missing something?

Meanwhile I was about to ask for a Null mic type like this in the Wishlist.
Beat me to it.
Nice.

OK.
I just tried this out briefly while auditioning the new UltraRes IRs.

It sounds like, unlike when using any of then other mic sims, when using the Null mic sim the Proximity parameter needs to be set to 0 in order to NOT add any bass to the selected cab IR's sound.
So with the Null mic selected it's not possible to reduce the Proximity parameter in order to reduce the bass.

With any other mic sim selected, 5.0 on the Proximity parameter is how it needs to be set in order to not add any bass to the selected cab IR's tone and settings below 5.0 reduce the bass/proximity effect simulation.

So this is my official Wish that this be changed in the next firmware release so that the Proximity parameter works the same way with the Null mic as it does it does with all the other mic sims.
I.e. 5.0 = default = no added bass/no added proximity effect simulation.

Admins: If this needs to be moved to the Wishes subsection of the forums in order for it to be seen by Cliff and the other developers then please do so.
But I'm hoping that Cliff is still monitoring this thread and that won't be necessary.

PS
The UltarRes IRs DO sound really musical.

On FW 13.01
I know this has been mentioned many times but how do you reset an amp block?
I went into Axe edit and right clicked on the block and hit reset - now no sound.
Also the Axe froze up on me when I went to some custom made presets.
After rebooting they worked. All this is thru Axe Edit.

Back
Top Bottom