Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Is 'LOW RES' the LF RES' spoken of? We appreciate all the feedback Cliff. So far I love it and can hear the difference with higher MV !

Wow, i just got back from a snowboarding trip and there's a new update!!! Thank you so much cliff and the crew. Quick question, will I be able to tell a difference using studio monitors?

Wow, i just got back from a snowboarding trip and there's a new update!!! Thank you so much cliff and the crew. Quick question, will I be able to tell a difference using studio monitors?

You will be able to tell the difference just by using a string and a can ... so yes! :encouragement:

If you ARE hearing a difference, could you please let me know what amp and tubes you are shuffling?

Thanks!
Differences are subtle in some, but they're there. Go from 6L6 to 6AQ5 (not that you'd want to) and you'll hear the change.

The new update is huge. What a great sound even through my studio monitors. It's like every amp model has more clarity and balls.

Fantastic update!

I'm a bit torn on this subject though - the better the amps get, the less I turn to the drive pedals in the Axe. However, the better the amps become, the better the drive pedals sound with them.

When he says "crank it up loud" to hear the difference, is this referring to MV or total output level???
Most of the amps I use are non-MV. Always preferred their vibe/tone. For the handful that have MV, they really liven up when MV is above default. Same goes for turning up low res in the amp block. Nice mojo with that too!

Been playin since 4 pm central right after the new patch install...
all my patches sound richer. The K12 sounds better too...
Altho Im still running a PEQ things are much tighter down low.
Nice work! My fingers hurt lol...

Cliff nailed the description of adding DIMENSIONALITY to the sound. Love it!

The sound seems to come from all around. You can really hear it when using headphones but it does it with monitors too.

I was A/B'ing against a certain modeler (whose name shall not be spoken) and before I felt there wasn't that much difference between the two. Now, in comparison, the other modeler sounds like the sound is coming right from the speaker whereas the Axe-Fx seems to come from all around the speakers. It's something I've noticed when comparing to tube amps. I have no explanation for this. It's some aspect of human perception that I don't understand. I've always attributed phrases like "3D" and the like to audiophile nonsense. Anyways that's why I said there was a sort of dimensionality.

I've only had a quick low-volume listen and .... sounds SMOOOOOOTH and SWEEEEEEET :p

I've traditionally cut bass before the power amp to minimise flub, then boosted low mids/bass in the amp's GEQ to compensate. Might need to re-think that now.

Thank you so much Cliff, as always!

it's funny, usually by now people are posting clips. I guess everyone is to busy actually playing for once lol. I can't wait to take this for a spin later

I just upgraded to 12.04 public beta, and I'm having a strange problem with delays on several of my patches repeating forever, as if I had the Feedback maxed, except that I have it set to Scene 2, which is set to 15% for Controller 1 Scene 1 and 10% for Controller 2 Scene1. Same kinds of problems occur regardless of whether I have it set to Scene 1 or Scene 2. In fact, even if the value for the selected Scene is 0%, it still acts like Feedback is maxed. When I set the Feedback modifier source to None and set the delay feedback manually, everything works correctly.

Is anybody else having any strange problems with delay feedback when using Scene 1 or Scene 2?

P.S. Other than this, 12.04 sounds incredible!

I just upgraded to 12.04 public beta, and I'm having a strange problem with delays on several of my patches repeating forever, as if I had the Feedback maxed, except that I have it set to Scene 2, which is set to 15% for Controller 1 Scene 1 and 10% for Controller 2 Scene1. Same kinds of problems occur regardless of whether I have it set to Scene 1 or Scene 2. In fact, even if the value for the selected Scene is 0%, it still acts like Feedback is maxed. When I set the Feedback modifier source to None and set the delay feedback manually, everything works correctly.

Is anybody else having any strange problems with delay feedback when using Scene 1 or Scene 2?

What firmware did you upgrade from?

So I know what beta means, but if the update is confirmed to be functional and superior to 12.03 before released to us, then why is this labeled a beta only? Just curious is all.

So I know what beta means, but if the update is confirmed to be functional and superior to 12.03 before released to us, then why is this labeled a beta only? Just curious is all.

It hasn't been fully tested. There may be bugs.

whew, had a scare. bot froze at 8%. then computer froze. uh oh..
turned everything off.
turned on ax (scary boot time took a bit) came up ok.
tried it again, no problem.
Sounds great as always. i need a little more time and cant get too loud to tell a big difference yet.
But very excited to give her a run!
Thanks Cliff

Back
Top Bottom