Axe-Fx II Firmware V12.00 Up

Below is a link to a preset featuring the Scene Controllers.

It has a Pitch block set to Fixed Harmony.
Voice 1 is attached to Scene Controller 1, with Min and Max set in the modifier menu (5 and 7).
Voice 2 is attached to Scene Controller 2, with Min and Max set in the modifier menu (-3 and -5).
In Control Scenes I've set to Scene Controllers to either 0% or 100%, for scene 1 and 2.
Resulting in:
- Scene 1 adding a 7th (high and low)
- Scene 2 adding a 3rd (high and low).

By adjusting Min and Max, and playing around with the Scene Controller percentages, I could get crazy and get lots of different harmonic voicings in scenes 3 to 8.

It takes some getting used to but the concept and advantages are great.

http://members.ziggo.nl/alexandervanengelen/Add7_Add5_-yek.syx

In your example, I'm not sure how a -5 and 5 interval play a role in this.

WOW!!! Pretty much every new feature in this update looks amazing! Scene controllers and improved amp modeling (how is that even possible?) Are REALLY exciting. Got to leave for a gig in an hour. It has been extremely difficult to hold off on upgrading today.

THANK YOU CLIFF, MATT AND FAS! I'm so excited right now it's just silly. :)

I have a gig in 24hrs and I am toying with upgrading... I am notoriously bad at re tweaking though.

back up, update to 12, and if it looks like it will take too much time to tweak, just revert back... or live on the edge and just do it... :)

Thanks FAS. The scene controllers are a game changer. But shouldn't the Modifier Source Window read "Controller 1 or 2 not Scene 1 or 2"?
Great update love the new amps.

V12 - LOVIN' IT ! ! ! ! !

you've taken something on steroids, and put it on steroids..

now it's an absolute monster..

best in class????
well.. that's easy…
cos it looks to me like it's in a class of 1 all on it's lonesome

To everyone involved at FAS - you guys are amazing! You're like the Skunk Works of the guitar industry. The dedication to product improvement and innovation is really second to none.
I feel like I underpaid for this amazing little black box (What's the cost of all those real world amps added up?) Anyway - weekend off, new firmware, new axe-edit...stretch fingers, push go on coffee pot, all is well!

Improved Amp block power supply current draw modeling which improves “feel”.

Improved Amp block phase-inverter-to-power-tube-grid interaction modeling which improves transient response resulting in faster attack. This also improves the clarity of notes especially when using heavily overdriven power amp settings.

I love the response and very fast attack in v12; I find the dynamics/feel are incredibly cool in this new release.

first - thanks for the update!

Also - previously, we've seen new banks with each full version upgrade. Will there be new v12 preset banks? ... Just wondering.

Wow - this just gets better and better! Sincere thanks, as always, Cliff.

I love the implementation of authentic to ideal/smooth options. I don't have a favourite, different settings suit different sounds for me.

And I also love the way scene functionality is evolving.

Last edited:
I had forgotten how fricken fun it is to play the polished tones of firmware 9. I now have two versions of each of my 15 go to patches...one on ideal\smooth and one on authentic...and they BOTH sound AWESOME !!!

Thanks AGAIN FAS !!!

I'm really digging the "Authentic", "Ideal", etc. settings. At first I wasn't blow away by the new firmware but realized I needed to reset the amp block. Once I did that (which takes time if you want to reset a tone of amps), the tones just popped out. :)

It would be cool if a Global setting comes out in the future that resets the amp blocks of every preset. :)

v12 amp block reset ?

I'm really digging the "Authentic", "Ideal", etc. settings. At first I wasn't blow away by the new firmware but realized I needed to reset the amp block. Once I did that (which takes time if you want to reset a tone of amps), the tones just popped out. :)

It would be cool if a Global setting comes out in the future that resets the amp blocks of every preset. :)

So we have to reset the amp block or not ??

First off (and once again) thank you Cliff and everyone at FAS for you time and efforts, and for yet another amazing update to the AxeFX II as well as for the AxeEdit update and the new Cab Lab utility. All very much appreciated! :)

The new 5F1 Champ model is fantastic! Illustrates clearly why the tweed Champ was such a popular recording amp.

The new ODS100 Lead 3 model is a great addition to the ODS type models.

The Wrecker 2 is a monster!! So very expressive and all about dynamics.

The new power amp modeling has had a very positive effect on other models I played through while taking v12.0 for a spin.

I have, up until now, not much cared for the JCM800 model - just wasn't my thing. Today it seemed like a very different amp, one I will continue to experiment with. It wasn't just a 'feel' thing. It sounded.... less harsh, and I dug the overdrive.

The Mesa Mark series models all sounded better to my ears (and I liked them before).

The Plexi's, 1987x, Freedman amps, etc. - WOW!!! Very much looking forward to getting back to these.

In all cases there were subtle details that made for a more expressive response and thus a more inspiring interaction with the amp models.

I haven't yet tried out other favorite amp models (Super Reverb, Nuclear Tone, AC30TB & AC15, etc.) but I'm very much looking forward to taking the time to do so. I'm also looking forward to trying out the Twin Reverb and Hiwatt models in v12 - both pushed and clean with...

The updated Drive block. In building overdrive pedals I was a big fan of using LED for clipping and I was happy to see them added as an option in the Drive block. The FAS lead drive does a nice job of illustrating why I liked using them. It seems to me that both the Tone Bender and Fuzz Face drive pedals sound and feel better. Were these affected by v12 implemented changes? Also, the Butler 4-knob drive pedal sounds awesome!

I haven't even thought about digging in to the new scene controller feature yet. Live control isn't quite as important to me as it once was. Guitar has been relegated to a hobby level status for health reasons (arthritis makes it difficult to play for any length of time). Bass (seemingly unaffected in any major way by arthritis) has become my primary instrument and (as good as it sounds with bass) I don't use the AxeFX II for bass. I dig using a simple bass guitar rig (for me that's Bass > cable > Markbass CD151P combo) with a Sansamp Sv Bass Deluxe as a D.I. / direct to FOH backup). This takes care of my live and rehearsal amplification needs.

Aside from use at home for playing / recording I occasionally go out and play at an open mic or jam with the AxeFX II / Atomic CLR rig. I'm working on a custom footswitch controller board based around a Liquid Foot JR+ (with a custom 6-button MIDI footswitch and a Mission expression pedal). I figure I'll get around to playing with the recent control features once I've finished building the controller setup.

Thanks again for this fantastic update! :)

just installed it....holy moly! I'm very pleased with the new non-HRM-non PAB (my long time wish) D*mble! Default settings, just adjusted the input drive a bit - wooooohooooo!!! Note bloom is clearly there, awesome feel and depth in the tone! Now we're talking!!!:eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:

Yupppiieeee!!!!!! @ Cliff: *smack*:star:

Same here. :)

The boot up time is not longer, there is a longer blank screen and a momentary Axe Fx screen, which gives the feeling of a longer boot up time, which is 3 seconds anyway.

But yeah, I noticed this too. It's a little off putting.

Back
Top Bottom