Axe-Fx II Firmware 9.01 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
A working Ax-Edit needs to be released now & not soon. Because soon is no longer acceptable when you spend over 2k believing the
editing software works with the unit you bought. Only to find .. it doesn't. Enough is enough. This has been goin on for far to long. All the dam
firmware updates in the world without a working Ax-Edit (as advertised on the website) is nothing less than an insult. And for anyone that doesn't like this. Blow out your rear in advance! ;)

wow Hell of a post Morlock .

Would you not rather have one without bugs .I mean if they released it as is and then it crashed all your presets and screwed everything up I bet you would be the first to complain.
It a reality there is no editor with firmware 9.0 .Roll back to 7. 0 and enjoy

A working Ax-Edit needs to be released now & not soon. Because soon is no longer acceptable when you spend over 2k believing the
editing software works with the unit you bought. Only to find .. it doesn't. Enough is enough. This has been goin on for far to long. All the dam
firmware updates in the world without a working Ax-Edit (as advertised on the website) is nothing less than an insult. And for anyone that doesn't like this. Blow out your rear in advance! ;)

I get the frustration but will gladly wait for a stable version. Cliff and Team Fractal have done an incredible job of listening to requests for features, fixes for bugs etc, and have delivered upgrades and fixes at an amazing rate. I got my Axe 2 in July 2012 and we were on 6.01! Look at what's become available and possible in just 5 months! It's been a bit of a wait for AE, and I'm really looking forward to getting it back, but the front panel let's you do pretty much anything you need to. AE makes it easier for sure, and exchanging patches etc. is way easier too, but MidiOx works for the utility stuff pretty well in the meantime.
Don't want to "Blow it out my rear" :lol , and I'm not discounting your frustration. Hang in there, I'm sure TNP is going to rock!

Thanks for 9.01 coming so soon!

Digging on the FW9. Last time and this time there was a quick ".01" release. No biggie for me. +1 on the please update Axe-Edit asap. I use it all the time. I don't have any problems with it really but it sucks that all of the amp models don't show in the drop down. Is there an estimated drop date? Thanks for continuing to get the most out of this hardware and sharing with the community. I'll never buy another Waves product but I tell everyone to go with Fractal Audio.

So excited to load this up tomorrow and start tweaking scenes!

Cliff and Fractal Audio team, thank you so much for your dedicated support! Axe Edit will be awesome, but honestly, I'm thankful to have a working axe fx that I can edit directly and update using MidiOx, so it doesn't really bother me.

Thanks a million.
Thanks for the new amps in FW9 and all the new features
Thanks for the bugfix
Thanks for all your efforts and unsurpassed support
Thanks for the best piece of gear in the business
Just in case I forgot something....
Thanks for everything

Crap, that didnt work either... Did the whole transfer then screws up at the end.. Will try another computer then another cable. It's certainly a lot slower than AE

You bought the Fractal Audio Axe FX II. Axe Edit is a free software from Fractal.

If you had to buy axe edit to use with the axe then yea maybe I'd understand your frustration but...I think there are buttons and a user interface on the little black box for a reason. Since I've been using the front panel, I actually really enjoy using it. I'm glad to know that when Axe Edit does come out, I can use both the front panel and Axe Edit smoothly :)

Crap, that didnt work either... Did the whole transfer then screws up at the end.. Will try another computer then another cable. It's certainly a lot slower than AE

I used midi ox at 256/16 and that worked.

Cliff, I tell musicians i meet this is the best purchase i ever made, its an honor to have gotten onboard with a company that is very much sincere about everything they do.

Last edited:

Make sure you power cycle the Axe FX if it fails before trying again. Try also a new download of the firmware just in case.

I just used the Midi Ox method myself and no problems going to 9.01

Well I ended up installing AE on my net book as I was having issues with midiox seeing the axe, I even reinstalled axe drivers.

Well I redownloaded the firmware and tried again and bingo!

Cool.

I've never had this much trouble before, strange-oh well working now so all good :)

Thanks again for the helpful advice guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Was planning to uodate to V9 today.......will now go straight to 9.01!! Fractal Audio......What a remarkable company!

thank you so much Cliff and FAS Team.
awesome support of the unit...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom