Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta

Tubescreamers definitely have a more subtle effect on the tone, much like I remember my old Maxon 808 having. Also, the mix knob seems to work a lot more seamlessly. Is the mix knob functioning differently now? Whatever, it sound great, I don't really give a shit haha. :encouragement:

It shouldn't. The change to the amp block is subtle. The Drive block did change considerably though so if you are talking about presets that use the Drive block then maybe.

The base amp tones seem significantly different to me as well. I'm noticing a hell of a lot more overall clarity and definition

The drives are also pretty magical.

Last edited:
I don´´t like the FW 19b at first sight without tweaking.

The heavy amps like Diezel VH4, Savage have lost their "deep" character.

Fender Vibro with FETBoost for example has got that "sparkle" as told in the Release Notes.

This Firmware changes to much at my favourite sounds - sorry - back to 18.10.

My 19b opinion. I thought at first that my high gain tones became wooly and odd, sorry not good with descriptions. But, I needed to adjust my EQ from scratch and now the presence really seems to scream, unlike before when too much presence would some how alter the feel and make the response feel quacky and less tight and in your face. Now it's all great! I dialed back most of my EQ 5band adjustments. I'm doing mostly everything in the amp controls nows. The Cameron is a beast in 19b. This is a great update.

What can you say about the volume drive levels compared with firmware 18? (Those who have already made the upgrade)

It took me around four months to adjust the levels in 120 presets. I am fearful to have to go through it all again.

Thanks Guys

What can you say about the volume drive levels compared with firmware 18? (Those who have already made the upgrade)

It took me around four months to adjust the levels in 120 presets. I am fearful to have to go through it all again.

Thanks Guys

There´s no Problem with the drive Levels - they stay at the same Point. But the amps feel like less gain, more clear....Release notes are true......

Last edited:
The drive pedals sound good, better than I remember but I usually just use amp gain and my heavy gain amps don't sound as good to me on 19 I'm back to 18.12. I know Axe edit is not officially supported with 19 but has anyone noticed how when you switch presets with it that it does an extra double take before its done processing and then spits out the preset change?

I found that I was getting what seems to be crazy amounts of gain and noise from the T-808 and Mod when the drive is set anywhere over point five to one when using a pre-existing preset. Interestingly if I selected a different OD model and switch back it seems to behave a bit better.

The 4-knob Tube Driver has improved 1000% IMHO. More clarity & just overall better sounding!

Glad to hear it. A bandmate from 25 years ago, used to use a Butler 4-knob and I always liked what it did to his basic Twin tone. But I couldn't make the existing model work for me. I'll revisit it now because of your report.

Thank you.

So we're working on 19, and we haven't even got all the models updated to 18 yet? Am I missing something?

So we're working on 19, and we haven't even got all the models updated to 18 yet? Am I missing something?

Yes. Version numbers are shifted to indicate major changes in code. In this case the major change is in how the drive block is implemented. A major version number change was, therefore, deemed appropriate. Ultimately though, the which-number-to-I-bump decision is mostly a judgement call on the part of developer. They increase, and that's the really important thing.

Back
Top Bottom