Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

Played an outdoor show last night with fw 19 beta 3.

Monster tone. I had a dedicated CLR for guitar (and another dedicated to my vocal).

I used my 335 and was getting killer controlled feedback with my (mostly) clean patch, concert 6g12, with and without fuzz.

The FOH was provided by the city and was mostly pro-sumer grade Yamaha stuff with some big JBL sub bins.

I ran Out 1 R to the stage box. He evidently ran me into a microphone input though. I was able to set Out 1 level from the front panel low enough for his preamp to handle it. Kudos for the incredible analog path in the Fractal. I has front panel out 1 almost all the way down but the S/N ratio in the FOH was still great.

Release is still a couple days off. We are going back to the studio tomorrow to do a few more cabs. Keith Urban sent us his Tweed Twin so we're going to do that plus a '62 Super Reverb and a few others. I'll probably use a few IRs from tomorrow in the release.

Near and/or far field?

Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean, you are going to model these amps, or do you mean, you are going to shoot IR's of the speakers of those amps, or both?

Just what I was thinking :) Seems clear they'll shoot IRs, but actual models would be sweet too :)

Is Keith playing the Axe now too? I know Brian Nutter is.

Release is still a couple days off. We are going back to the studio tomorrow to do a few more cabs. Keith Urban sent us his Tweed Twin so we're going to do that plus a '62 Super Reverb and a few others. I'll probably use a few IRs from tomorrow in the release.

So damn cool!!! Thank you FAS!!!

Keith has been using the Axe for his Delays, Verbs and Modulation effects since 2012. Not sure of he has gone full modeling yet with amp/cab Sims.........could be him moving towards it though. Now he would have an accurate apple to apple comparison to play with.

You are such a good and sharing man. Thanks again for all you have given us Cliff! :encouragement:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom