Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #3

Fw 19 makes drive block seem useless. To me , Id really love how the amps dynamic responses,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you mean.

But the G3 fuzz tones, have come into their own for me. Really organic and chewy. Bender Fuzz is so righteous in front of a clean Fender model like the Concert 6G

So, have the amps changed much? I was kind of thinking this was mostly a drive pedal update? I love my fw18 amps right now, and have been waiting for a full version release to update.

So, have the amps changed much? I was kind of thinking this was mostly a drive pedal update? I love my fw18 amps right now, and have been waiting for a full version release to update.

Beta # 3 has less feedback and is more harsh than beta # 2, at least for use with Power Amp and Real Cabs.

I do not know what changed, but gave much difference in my tones!

In yesterday's show the tone was very harsh !!! I tried to use Global Eq, touching the amp, but not forward. I finally gave up and finished the night like that.

I've played with other betas before, and has happened a few things do not sound so good, but never like this.

I haven't noticed a major change like that. I would reinstall the firmware or look in the amp block to see if a parameter went to some oddball extreme setting. Ive had firmwares do strange things to blocks that were unintended.

I haven't noticed a major change like that. I would reinstall the firmware or look in the amp block to see if a parameter went to some oddball extreme setting. Ive had firmwares do strange things to blocks that were unintended.

In all presets? Now that I'm home I will make a detailed analysis.
I'll reinstall the firmware!

Thanks guy!

I like 19 beta 3 better than the 18.x FW.

It may be just a hair less chewy (i.e. sounds harder) than 17.04. But the dynamics are better to my ears. And it cuts a mix just as good if not better with hardly any tweaking other than the basic tone stack.

Yes reinstall the firmware.

I reinstalled bit now!

I worked in JTM45. I use it for cleans, beyond the fenders and vox. But it is the main!

There are differences for me to use power amp and cabs. The presence is more harsh and when I reduce the input drive the tone is thin. The way I found was to reduce the Input Trim 0.5 and let the presence in 0.0.

It was good. But the behavior is quite different from beta # 2

Thanks Sir!

My experience has been that this beta is the best sounding firmware we've ever had.
+1
Played out with 19b3 last night and wow, it was great feeling and band mates took note of it. I did spend quite a bit of time on many of my patches and it really payed off but it will be some time before I get to the bottom of what this can really
now do!

+1
Played out with 19b3 last night and wow, it was great feeling and band mates took note of it. I did spend quite a bit of time on many of my patches and it really payed off but it will be some time before I get to the bottom of what this can really
now do!

Now, I adjusted the AFD2.

Really, it sounds wonderful, but the behavior is different. This amp I had to increase the Input Drive from 5 to 7 for the frequencies get to taste.

The rest will be the same way.

I mean that the exchange was not automatic as before. Adjusting everything is getting great.

I just reporting what I found different.

But thanks, guys!

I find the new (same with the original amp) eq much more useful (more controlable IMO) in the IIC+.
Your opinions?

you can still use Axe edit. it just won't have any added parameters....for everything else it's been rock solid for me.

Yep. No problems at all with the current AE... As said we are missing some parameters, but still stable as hell.

Agreed - best firmware yet. These are the best and most consistent amp sounds I've ever had, and the drives are now much better to boot. I really can't see how the amp tones could be improved at this point (I know, said many times before).

Back
Top Bottom