Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

This is first Beta I have jumped on, but as I had some time between gigs I thought I would give it a go, thumbs up from me!:encouragement:

I did a 19b2 install and the volume on a bunch of presets dropped. I reset all the amps... Also when I started increasing volume in the amp block it started to clip. At clipping the volume is way lower than 18.12.

Well kinda... The scarlett 18i20 shows clipping... Axe doesn't...it's at noon ish Scarlett gain is set to 3pm...

I reinstalled 18.12.. touched nothing else... volume way higher... Loads of headroom on guitar volume knob etc.

I know I am missing something...

How do I tie the vu meters or output level of axe vs input at scarlet vs it's output. Ideally I wd like the work flow to have only one place to turn knobs on... Axe. Wd u set the scarlett at unity?. I have also tried spdif between axe and scarlett... Volume issues still persist..

I know I can just turn matrix up... But it doesn't explain why 18.12 sounds so much louder all else being equal... Maybe a beta thingie??

Remember that I play in the basement.... So matrix is always at noon at most.

Thanks

The official release is still a couple weeks off. We are going into the studio next week to do some IRs and some of them may end up in the release.

That's great! Most of my go-to IRs are now the latest factory IRs with the amp effect removal technique (whatever it's called).

That's great! Most of my go-to IRs are now the latest factory IRs with the amp effect removal technique (whatever it's called).

Ditto...I love the new factory IR's and most of my live presets are using them too...will definitely get Cab Pack 10 and the new pack soon to come...

I think it's called Voltron Caramel Extraction.

Seriously though, I can't find a better sounding cab block than when using the ones from Cab Pack 10. Everything else sounds thin or unbalanced in some way. Really looking forward to any other IRs made with the same technique.

Thanks for confirmation Cliff. When I updated to 19b2 last night I was expecting to see the 19 official this morning :D But looks like it was a great idea to update after all...

Arrgh! Am I the only one still holding out?

dedc3fc7bacdd326a67adecfb3a94db6.jpg

I am so sorry. I tried to stay inthere with you. I really did.
Everything was doing great but the suddenly last night it popped up again. Out of the blue.
I did it.... I updated to 19b2...
I am so sorry if i let you down, but know that i tried my best.

I like to think so but I'm afraid to imply things like this now. The power tube calculations now use a very high-order polynomial which gets all the subtle perturbations in the curves. This gives you complex harmonics that change with amplitude. Net result is more warmth and punch and accurate edge-of-breakup response.

Why not implementing it, in a special experimental public beta or so and see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom