Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta #2

FWIW hanksta13 I installed v19b2 last night and auditioned my five main existing presets (which I almost never do when a new major firmware is released; I just reset the amp block and dial from scratch) but I was curious to hear how/if they'd change and they certainly did, particularly the low/mid gain presets/amps (Badger 30, Twin, slightly overdriven 1987x Marshall). I took this as a good sign....

You might find that clearing the AMP block to all defaults and starting from there gets you where you need to be.

I quickly dialed up two presets with the Badger 30 and 1987x and was in the tone zone...forgot to even check out the drives heh. v19b2 does seem to feel a bit different; more spongy but still tight...it feels great. Definitely am looking forward to the official release....

FWIW hanksta13 I installed v19b2 last night and auditioned my five main existing presets (which I almost never do when a new major firmware is released; I just reset the amp block and dial from scratch) but I was curious to hear how/if they'd change and they certainly did, particularly the low/mid gain presets/amps (Badger 30, Twin, slightly overdriven 1987x Marshall). I took this as a good sign....

You might find that clearing the AMP block to all defaults and starting from there gets you where you need to be.

I quickly dialed up two presets with the Badger 30 and 1987x and was in the tone zone...forgot to even check out the drives heh. v19b2 does seem to feel a bit different; more spongy but still tight...it feels great. Definitely am looking forward to the official release....

Thanks for the tip. I was also waiting for the official release before I started really tweaking, I just wanted to do a quick comparison. by "clearing the amp block", do you mean just re-selecting the amp, or is there another way you clear it? Thanks again for your input.

I'm going to to dial in live presets with the beta for a gig in a couple of weekends so I double tap the "Bypass" control on the front panel to completely reset the AMP block to it's defaults.

I do that vs re-selecting the AMP block since I like to reset all the controls to defaults as well.

I'm going to to dial in live presets with the beta for a gig in a couple of weekends so I double tap the "Bypass" control on the front panel to completely reset the AMP block to it's defaults.

I do that vs re-selecting the AMP block since I like to reset all the controls to defaults as well.

Thanks Stratoblaster.

does anyone know if all amps and drives will be G3'd for FW 19 release? thanks....

Maybe all drives, but probably not all amps. The G3 process for the amps requires the actual amp, and FAS also have other things to tend to. Over 80% of the amps are G3'd, which are a ton to choose from out of 217. Remember, even amps that aren't specifically calibrated to the new G3 specs still are already upgraded due to the new general algorithms for amps.

Here's my list of the currently G3'd amps:

http://axefxtutorials.com/2015/04/list-of-g3d-amps/

dunno if bugs are fed back here but,

Tube Drv 3-Knob and 4-knob have zero signal when the drive is set to 0

dont know if this is intentional or not?

Okay, so I updated. Going from 18.08 to 19b#2, not sure about the "feel" changing so much but AFTER writing down my settings and resetting the amps, then typing in my exact settings from the previous FW, the most noticeable change was the high end. 18.08 has a LOT more highs, a bit harsh compared to 19b.

Also, some of the amps I've tried sound a bit better, maybe a bit more clarity. And the overdrives while some aren't as noticeably different (it's there) others are quite different.

I use the Drive 3 knob (Tube driver) quite a bit and now it has no sound with the drive on 0. The 4 knob is the same way.
So these ODs are designed this way? Anyway, of setting it up like before? I use it the same as any OD. Drive 0, level 6-10, depending on the amp.

Just got back from rehearsal, for me this FW version is possibly the biggest step change since the Axefx 2 was introduced. It feels and sounds so right! G4 Modelling? The amps breath, they sound crunchy, edge of breakup is damn fine, solos punch through the band mix. It's just bloody brilliant!

Just got back from rehearsal, for me this FW version is possibly the biggest step change since the Axefx 2 was introduced. It feels and sounds so right! G4 Modelling? The amps breath, they sound crunchy, edge of breakup is damn fine, solos punch through the band mix. It's just bloody brilliant!

Totally agree!!

I like to think so but I'm afraid to imply things like this now. The power tube calculations now use a very high-order polynomial which gets all the subtle perturbations in the curves. This gives you complex harmonics that change with amplitude. Net result is more warmth and punch and accurate edge-of-breakup response.

I like to think so but I'm afraid to imply things like this now. The power tube calculations now use a very high-order polynomial which gets all the subtle perturbations in the curves. This gives you complex harmonics that change with amplitude. Net result is more warmth and punch and accurate edge-of-breakup response.

Haha, totally understandable, anyway I don't care what it's called as long as I have it in my little black box!

It's understandable... People will accuse you of claiming that the more fragile harmonics can survive in a solid state crystal lattice without being squashed; if you keep saying things like that.

Back
Top Bottom