Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.08 Released

Thank you FAS!

Checking out the MKIIC+ right now. RESERVING JUDGEMENT until I've had lots of time with this amp.

On the Mk series amps, I never have the bass past 2 or the mid past 3 (on the real amps). The graphic is then employed in a classic V shape where the middle slider becomes the tone shaper. That is the sound most associated with these amps.
If you start setting the tone controls like you would on a Marshall, it will sound flubby.

this is so great :') I'm wondering about the new preamp tubes, will they be amp model specific? I mean will these preamp tubes change automatically when you select certain amps?

If no, won't the preamp tube colour the amp model making it less authentic?

If yes, awesome. We could still select the tube we like for certain presets and save them, but knowing that the right preamp tube will be selected as standard (in similar fasion to the power amp tubes) for each selected model in the presets would be nice.

I'm just wondering how these preamp tubes behave in conjunction with the power amp tubes when changing presets etc. :)

Edit: bump :p

Last edited:
I have been patiently waiting for the badger 30 to get G3'ed, and I'm stoked to have it. Should call it the Honey Badger now.

Oh, and the IIC+ absolutely RIPS. :encouragement:

Thank You Cliff and Fas ...

A little step for the axe but a big step for me actually falling in the rabbit hole again !! :D

More choices are always good !!! .... untile someone chimes in saying that are bad :(

Many thanks for IIC+, still hoping that JMP-1 (another legend) will be G3fied soon with all 4 channels modeled :roll

WoooHooo... 18.08 is IIC+s hangar ...

These days I'm recording the guitar lines of our upcoming album, and I HAVE TO SAY I'm cheerful right now ! :)... because I'm re-amping my guitar lines and now there is lots of option for my solos, one note solos, and unison sections... on the other hand with NEW Pre-Amp tube types I have more option for my crunch, my high gain tone !...

18.08 a theatre of my dreams about boogies tone...many many thanks FAS.

YEEEESS was too busy noodling around on presets and rehearsing my picking technique last night to notice the fw drop! You finally did it! Citrus Rv50 G3! I am so happy right now!

Thank you so much! Gna have a cuppa coffee, a cig and crank that muthaphuka upp!

The GEQ in the amp block resetting when changing amp models makes it frustrating to switch between the different USA models. Is the 5 Band (Mark) in the amp block exactly the same as any of the ones in the GEQ block?

Relatedly, is the GEQ in the amp block between the preamp and power amp, or is it at the output of the block? The information on the wiki appears to contradict the User Manual reference:

AMP block parameters - Axe-Fx II Wiki: "The graphic EQ in the Amp block is fixed in position at the output of the preamp section."
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/images/6/6d/5.15_Graphic_Equalizer_-GEQ-.pdf: "The AMP block (p.39) has a built-in graphic equalizer at its output, making it unnecessary to follow it with a separate GEQ"

The GEQ in the amp block resetting when changing amp models makes it frustrating to switch between the different USA models. Is the 5 Band (Mark) in the amp block exactly the same as any of the ones in the GEQ block?

Relatedly, is the GEQ in the amp block between the preamp and power amp, or is it at the output of the block? The information on the wiki appears to contradict the User Manual reference:

AMP block parameters - Axe-Fx II Wiki: "The graphic EQ in the Amp block is fixed in position at the output of the preamp section."
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/images/6/6d/5.15_Graphic_Equalizer_-GEQ-.pdf: "The AMP block (p.39) has a built-in graphic equalizer at its output, making it unnecessary to follow it with a separate GEQ"

Does it sound good to you? ;)

Back
Top Bottom