Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.07 Released

When I read the comment by Cliff, "Turns out UltraRes has been broke since Version 16.03", I thought the same thing. I also think about how much FAS touted the latest Cab Pack as amazing and claimed that those IRs were pure golden.

Mic+DI is completely unrelated to UltraRes. Mic+DI makes IRs better whether they are processed at normal, high or UltraRes resolution. The UltraRes bug effectively turned off the low-frequency enhancement portion of the processing. This is unrelated to Mic+DI capture technique which improves IR accuracy across the entire spectrum and removes any distortion caused by the amplifier.

I guess the real question is that given this should be obvious to most why did you feel the need to accuse us of marketing hype. What are your real motives here?

I guess the real question is that given this should be obvious to most why did you feel the need to accuse us of marketing hype. What are your real motives here?

Because I hate FAS.

Just kidding. Seriously though, I have no malicious motives. Just raising questions and expressing my views. I knew that I would rock the boat with my post, but I wanted to give my viewpoint. Isn't that what this forum is all about?

Cliff can I ask why there's also a change in the Amp Pwramp Hardness defaults to (3), the 5153 sounds amazing as well again but I always tend to set it to hard 5 again, not so in 18.00-.06 FW. Little note on that??

Because I hate FAS.

Just kidding. Seriously though, I have no malicious motives. Just raising questions and expressing my views. I knew that I would rock the boat with my post, but I wanted to give my viewpoint. Isn't that what this forum is all about?

No, the forum is about exchanging ideas and helping each other. Your post WAS malicious and nonfactual. The only logical conclusion is that you have an ulterior motive.

Cliff can I ask why there's also a change in the Amp Pwramp Hardness defaults to (3), the 5153 sounds amazing as well again but I always tend to set it to hard 5 again, not so in 18.00-.06 FW. Little note on that??

Cliff said somewhere recently that the hardness is set to a default value depending on what tube is chosen.

No, the forum is about exchanging ideas and helping each other. Your post WAS malicious and nonfactual. The only logical conclusion is that you have an ulterior motive.

Listen, Cliff. You don't know me from a ham sandwich. If you want to get bent out of shape over some comments made then that's your problem.

I have NO ulterior motives. I don't work for any of your competitors or anything of the sorts. I'm a regular guy with a regular life.

You don't like my posts? Fine. Delete them. I don't care. This is your playground and your rules.

I'm not about to be drawn into a pissing match with you.

First rule of Fractal Club: You do not question the awesomeness of the Axe Fx.

Second rule of Fractal Club: You DO NOT question the awesomeness of the Axe Fx.

I actually had a legitimate question that I posed to the forum recently and apparently Cliff didn't like it. He called me classless and deleted the entire thread. :sorrow:

Cliff said somewhere recently that the hardness is set to a default value depending on what tube is chosen.

Oh yeah, just noticed when switch them, pwramp hardness switch too. Good to know Thx. Am I blind i dont find Power tube types in the front panel, only in Axe-Edit?

If you want to get bent out of shape over some comments made then that's your problem.

you came into his forum and willingly "rocked the boat" with your post. maybe don't do that next time.

it's funny how this exact issue is the perfect example of how to let FAS know if you think something is wrong. the forum member who discovered this bug made a thread that spoke out of intellect and not emotion, and here we have a bug fix.

contrast that with you knowingly posting something to "rock the boat" to "express your views."

if your views are accusing FAS of marketing hype, which basically says they are lying, then just come out and say that instead of trying to sneak it by with "oh just expressing my views, don't get bent out of shape."

again, this is completely wrong and 18.07 is the exact example proving how wrong it is. i don't know what your question was (and i'm not necessarily asking for it now), but look at the thread that got us to 18.07 - factual, non-accusatory, intellectual and not emotional.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...-wont-using-cab-block-recording-any-more.html

you came into his forum and willingly "rocked the boat" with your post. maybe don't do that next time.

it's funny how this exact issue is the perfect example of how to let FAS know if you think something is wrong. the forum member who discovered this bug made a thread that spoke out of intellect and not emotion, and here we have a bug fix.

contrast that with you knowingly posting something to "rock the boat" to "express your views."

if your views are accusing FAS of marketing hype, which basically says they are lying, then just come out and say that instead of trying to sneak it by with "oh just expressing my views, don't get bent out of shape."

From my second comment in this thread: "I'm not trying to upset Cliff or anyone else, but it just makes me wonder how much is hype and self-promotion."

"Wondering" is a lot different from "accusing" by definition. Given the recent events, I believe that I made a legitimate comment.

But for crying out loud, can we just move along? I think this has been examined from every possible angle and now we're just going around in circles.

I actually had a legitimate question that I posed to the forum recently and apparently Cliff didn't like it. He called me classless and deleted the entire thread. :sorrow:

Yet another absurd post. He didn't question the awesomeness of the AxeFx. He questioned the integrity of the owner of the company.

This was a very good thread where the OP was written in a respectful way to bring up interest in a perceived issue and it was corroborated and then fixed with input from many. This whole "you don't question the Axe" mentality that so many (a lot of who have never owned one) spew of late is growing very old. Grow the fuck up!

Yes I understand that, but I said FAS in my comment, not the community. Cliff made those claims about Cab Pack 10 himself before this discovery. I'm not trying to upset Cliff or anyone else, but it just makes me wonder how much is hype and self-promotion.

no-offense-means-im-about-to-insult-you-but-dont-get-mad.jpg

Cliff's response was perfect. The fact that "LionHeart" seems to think that the Forum is about everyone "giving their viewpoint" speaks volumes.

Lionheart… if you actually have any interest in being informative, helpful to others, introducing ways of using the AxeFx that actually might improve the product in the future…. then please do as Chris suggested, and check out the OP's way of starting this whole thread.

If your interest is making snarky statements, or pointlessly parsing those previous statements… please do the rest of us a favor and don't.

Thank you.

From my second comment in this thread: "I'm not trying to upset Cliff or anyone else, but it just makes me wonder how much is hype and self-promotion."

"Wondering" is a lot different from "accusing" by definition. Given the recent events, I believe that I made a legitimate comment.

But for crying out loud, can we just move along? I think this has been examined from every possible angle and now we're just going around in circles.

Well, it's up to you now if we move on or carry on with this childish behaviour which most of us here shurely don't want...

Yet another absurd post. He didn't question the awesomeness of the AxeFx. He questioned the integrity of the owner of the company.

This was a very good thread where the OP was written in a respectful way to bring up interest in a perceived issue and it was corroborated and then fixed with input from many. This whole "you don't question the Axe" mentality that so many (a lot of who have never owned one) spew of late is growing very old. Grow the fuck up!

And right on cue...the Fractal brigade to the rescue. Cobbler - I'm talking from my own experience so don't talk to me about absurd. I asked a question recently in a non-accusatory way and the thread was deleted. But not before it deteriorated with the typical comments from the usual hangers-on:

"You don't know what you're talking about."
"18.x is the greatest firmware in the history of firmwares."
"There is nothing wrong with the firmware. It must be your ears."
etc. etc. etc.

Cliff's response was perfect. The fact that "LionHeart" seems to think that the Forum is about everyone "giving their viewpoint" speaks volumes.

Lionheart… if you actually have any interest in being informative, helpful to others, introducing ways of using the AxeFx that actually might improve the product in the future…. then please do as Chris suggested, and check out the OP's way of starting this whole thread.

If your interest is making snarky statements, or pointlessly parsing those previous statements… please do the rest of us a favor and don't.

Thank you.

If you take the time and look through the majority of my comments on this forum, you would notice that they would fall under the criteria of being informative, helping others and politely asking for improvements to my Axe-Fx II.

This thread has turned into a classic example of mob mentality and information cascade.

I think it's a bit silly to get bent out of shape at the 'bug'. The vast majority did not notice it (although the chorus of 'well, I THOUGHT something seemed off' has grown considerably...) I, for one, did not notice it since I compensate each FW release for the changes that it makes to my presets. So personally, I hesitate to call it a 'bug', but rather an oversight to a SMALL portion of your tone. Thanks to the forum for questioning even the smallest aspects, and kudos to Cliff for investigating each one (even when it seems like user error, or other non-Axe environmental issues.)

But we should move on from any more sniping IMO.

Thank you.

R

Lionheart said:

5d24540a0133f8552b8fefb3587ea1dd.jpg

You've been on this thread for the last 4 or 5 hours poking the hornets nest and now that it's blown up in your face we should all move on...?

Wow, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom