Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.06 Released

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_18p06.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_xl_18p06.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_xlplus_18p06.zip

Release Notes:

Removed Update Amps All Presets utility because the majority of users don’t seem to grasp the purpose of this function.

I was using this one. I grasped the pebble from your hand. Please reconsider!!!!!! I used this every time.

Fractal Audio is the SHIIIIIII!#&*%!!!
You crank out free firmware updates so quickly that some of your customers actually say...no man, thanks, I've just loaded your last update, i'm not ready for a new update yet!...LOL

Thanks guys, you're slowly restoring my faith in....well, everything!

Mark I/II:
Removed Update Amps All Presets utility because the majority of users don’t seem to grasp the purpose of this function.

I'll be updating my FW tonight, and really am looking forward to hearing the new sounds. The "Update Amps All Presets" has been the subject of a lot of questions here on the forum as well. Would it be possible to put this function in Axe-Edit as a menu option? Or have Axe-Edit open a dialog box upon the first bootup after a major update, saying "hey, that was a big update. would you like me to automagically update the amps in all your presets?"

Thank you for your relentless work. The AxeFX is positively amazing.

Last edited:
Woe, can't wait to try this out!

I've been wroking a lot recently with 2 amps that I never really meesed with before; "CA3+ RHY" and "Brit Silver". I find myself wanting something right in the middle of these 2 amps because the CA3+ RHY has a nice, fat tone and the Brit Silver has some great sizzle and plenty of gain. Wondering if the Brit Silver will push into the CA3+ RHY territory once it's G3'd?

Holy schnikeys, 18.06 is amazing. Everything that 18.04 lost (which wasn't a ton, but took some tweakin') .06 brought back with a vengeance and than some. Tamed the highs, brought more growl to the gain, just stellar.

Oh, and that flanger reset tweak is the VH bomb. ATBL and Unchained never sounded so "right"!

Said it a bunch of times before and I know I'll say it again, but you are the master, Cliff. I thank you, and my two XLs thank you. :)

Just amazing how hard these guys work for the benefit of the Axe and the axe community-Thanks so much

Here is a great example of: DO NOT update if you are worried about changes-I always update but that's me because I feel things just get better and easier.

But for those of you that have posted lately - It is your choice - but as stated perfectly by another forumite in another thread-

If you back up-2 minutes-load new FW-2 minutes. Fool around with a few amps and your prests- Time varies, You can just go right back to where you were-So to me thi is and always should be a non-issue.

The Vibrolux (or the Tweed Deluxe) + Long Plate + Rich Hall Reverb + Cab Pack 10 1x12 Vibrato Lux 121 (or 1x12 Deluxe Verb 121) = Tone Heaven for me.:D

The box just gets better and better! Many thanks to Cliff and all the other Fractal elves.

Will update late tonight but that's great news because those are 2 of my 4 or 5 favorite amps-

Thanks Jollo

Just gave her (18.06) a whirl with some of the cab pack 10s.. And I’m happy… It’s a keeper.. Works well with the volume control.. Articulates real nice.. Sits excellent in the mix! Kudos to Cliff and team.

I'll be updating my FW tonight, and really am looking forward to hearing the new sounds. The "Update Amps All Presets" has been the subject of a lot of questions here on the forum as well. Would it be possible to put this function in Axe-Edit as a menu option? Or have Axe-Edit open a dialog box upon the first bootup after a major update, saying "hey, that was a big update. would you like me to automagically update the amps in all your presets?"

Thank you for your relentless work. The AxeFX is positively amazing.
According to the User's Guide, this feature resets all Advanced parameters in each amp block for ALL presets. So, only those parameters found on the Advanced page of the amp block (front panel) or the Other page in the amp block (AxeEdit). I guess this begs a couple of questions;

1. Do the amp block advanced parameters get changed with each new f/w release? Or perhaps just some of them?
2. If not, I'm wondering why this feature was there in the first place.

It's not a deal breaker for me, just wondering.

Yeah, I actually was using Vintage on a couple of presets that I was having a hard time with otherwise. If there is a penalty to keeping it, fine, but...I'd love to keep it as an option.

I'm using it on all my presets. I'd like to upgrade, but not without knowing the consequences of losing the Vintage option.

Back
Top Bottom