Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.06 Released

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_18p06.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_xl_18p06.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/18.0/axefx2_xlplus_18p06.zip

Release Notes:

There are now only two Preamp Tube Type options in the Amp block: Short Plate and Long Plate. The Vintage type has been removed. Short Plate is similar to the previous Modern model but has the improved saturation characteristics that were developed for the Long Plate model.

Improved power tube grid conduction modeling. This yields better dynamics and edge-of-breakup tones, particularly when the virtual power amp is being overdriven.

Added Tap Tempo mode option to Global menu. “Average” averages up to the last ten taps. “Last Two” uses only the most recent two taps to determine the tempo.

Added Ducking capability to Quad Tape Delay mode in Multidelay block.

Added “LFO Bypass Reset” parameter to Flanger and Phaser blocks. When set to other than “Off” the LFO will be reset to the selected phase whenever the block is bypassed. This allows synchronizing the sweep to the engagement of the effect.

Added “Rich Hall” type to Reverb block.

“G3’d” the following amp models: TX Star Lead, TX Star Clean, Div/13 CJ.

Added “Div/13 CJ Boost” amp model which models the Volume knob pulled out (boost switch).

Removed Update Amps All Presets utility because the majority of users don’t seem to grasp the purpose of this function.

Fixed Presence network not being updated correctly when switching between certain amp models.

Fixed slight midrange dip in Vintage tone stack type.

Fixed excessive phase inverter bias in some amp models resulting in fuzzy sound.

Fixed certain Drive block models not sounding correct if Tuner Mute is set to other than Off.

Cliff and co, you guys are amazing, keep up the good work

I just might have to buy another axeFx to show my appreciation,

---

oh and that was my 300th post!!!!!

all right !!!

Unfortunately it's bedtime but the very first thing I'll be checking out tomorrow is the new TX Star G3 !!

Thank you Sir !!

FYI all that might be worried about it, once Axe-Edit updates the block definitions the correct options are there for preamp tube types (short/long). So you don't need to worry about an Axe-Edit update before updating the firmware.

Edit : I forgot to check for the LFO Bypass Reset parameter. I suspect that one is likely front panel only until Axe-Edit is updated and I need to crash before a long day at work tomorrow so I can't confirm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom