Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

Downloaded and brought in the presets fresh and wow......I sold about 12 effects pedals to pay for this two yrs ago and it has been the best thing I ever did - since actually picking up an guitar aged 13 yrs.

Thanks guys!!! Really excited to try these out! :D To those of you that are new to the Axe Fx, (and not) you can learn a LOT by going in and exploring how these presets are constructed.

would love to see a screen capture of the new presets... just to whet the appetite for later! wonder how they were structured and whatnot. jonesing hard right now!! need some Fractal Methadone until i can have the real crack tonight!!!

i already asked this in another thread: are the new presets just G3'd version of the old ones or are there entirely new patches?

WHAT????!!!!!!

Thank you so much.... My wife was not so happy though. Been in my cave since sunday, and was about to take a break this evening.... Not anymore :D

i already asked this in another thread: are the new presets just G3'd version of the old ones or are there entirely new patches?

They look to be G3 balanced versions of the previous presets for the most part. Some have been modified for newer UR cabs and such but there's also little things you can do to tweak them to sound better still. For example the Mark Day HBE patch there is tons of spare CPU so you can get away with switching on the HQ reverb. But they are still great starting points. I think there would probably be a great disturbance in the force if they wholesale replaced the stock presets.

Last edited:
I definitely am looking forward to jamming this weekend....I never knew that this product would keep evolving the way that it has when i purchased it a year ago....Cheers to all the FAS team. Thanks

Expect to turn the treble down on all the presets... Cliff said he was sick, so I'm assuming his clogged inner ear affected the EQ settings on the presets

joking :)

Back
Top Bottom