Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.02 Released

Fractal company is a class act.

It never ceases to amaze me every time I log on to their site.

The world is going to shit, the usa is filthier than Sodom and Gomorrah and is doomed to be judged accordingly.

But there is the Fractal Company. Giving away free products and advice on how to be a better musician.

The BEST tone I have had in my 94 years of guitar playing have come from the AXFX2.

Thanks Cliff and your crew. Just wanted to express my gratitude before the hydrocodone's wore off. :lol

You should be able to give it edge with a few tweaks. Maybe turn up the negative feedback in the power section?
Will give it a try, anyway, didn't have the time to tweak around during rehearsal but will get my kicks out of the machine in no time as usual. On most of my amps I turned down Xformer Match to 95% in former FW versions, maybe that might be the issue. No sweat.
There's practically no volume issue with this FW change which is appreciable.
Thanks for responding & keep on rocking

Didn't unfortunately have this WOW feeling while going through rehearsal yesterday night, things seems to have smoothed a bit too much to my taste, had a few volume issues also. Maybe try a new installation of the FW.
Is it necessary to do amps updates ?
Cheers

Maybe try changing the power amp hardness from the default medium to hard?

Omg guys!!!!! I updated to 10.02 a couple of days ago.

Cliff you spoil us too much!! Thank you for all your hard work

Read the release notes, the technical aspects of which are gibberish to me, of course. All I know is that it all sounds better...a lot better. Which is saying quite a bit as it sounded great before!

Last edited:
Read the release note, the technical aspects of which are gibberish to me, of course. All I know is that it all sounds better...a lot better. Which is saying quite a bit as it sounded great before!

Can't put my finger on it but I feel the same.

I find it much easier to dial in tones now, it used to take me longer. I was playing with the Variac control and I couldn't find a bad setting, higher or lower, different but not bad to the point that I can imagine having different scenes with high and low settings. Very cool.

There's a "bug" with the Intelligent Gate.
If you switch the effect to Intelligent and your input gate is a global block, it doesn't change it in all the linked input gate. You gotta change it manually in all your linked global blocks.

I have the same issue. I've had a global input gate block for a long time and switched the new Intelligent gate with some new values. The new values got saved in the global block but not the Intelligent block type. I've had to manually change each preset to Intelligent.

I have the same issue. I've had a global input gate block for a long time and switched the new Intelligent gate with some new values. The new values got saved in the global block but not the Intelligent block type. I've had to manually change each preset to Intelligent.

Yeah weird. I tried from front panel and same thing. I relinked all 80 something presets I need and now it works. What's odd is before relinking, every other parameters were linked except the classic/intelligent selection.

It's been a year or two since I last messed with my firmware. Updated from 12.something to 16.02. I've spent a few hours updating my old patches and tweaking things. It sounds better overall, especially the power amp modeling. I used to have to listen for unpleasant power amp stuff and sometimes back the master volume down to 8 or 9 for an amp I should be able to max. So far since updating, I've been able to safely dime the master volume on everything and it's sounded great. Granted, I've only worked with about half a dozen amps so far, but so far so good. I've dialed in some new settings and it's like Christmas.

Thanks for all your hard work, Cliff. I don't frequent the forums or watch for firmware updates, but every time I think about it, there are usually one or more major updates waiting for me (in this case, four of them). I then get to hear what I thought was already amazing somehow become even better. My Axe-FX 2 is one of the most expensive things I own, yet I regard it as one of the best purchases I've ever made in my life. It is the gift that keeps on giving, whether that is firmware updates or simply the ability to give myself any amp or pedal I could conceivably want just by fidgeting with some knobs.

Killer gig last night with FW16.02 and rehearsal today sounded amazing. Love this thing more and more. I have a solid 60 gigs under my belt with the AxeFxII and it is sounding better all the time.

Got 5 solid hours with fresh ears... Well they were fresh when i started........

Sounds killer. A small adjustment from 16.01, and i'm on killer stadium... Again.
Most important though. Feels even better. Love the Variac. So easy and so much effect on the sound.

Thanks!!!

Added “Class-A 30W Hot” amp model based on a Vox AC30HW with the Hot/Cool switch in the Hot position.

Whoa at a rehearsal tonight I used one of those amps (a real one) and loved it; played thru it for several hours and the next thing I'm going to do the next time I fire up the Fractal is create a preset using this amp and a G12M-25 Greenback cab (or even just using the new Fractal Vox IR recently published). Am very excited to re-create the sound and feel of this amp in the AFX...great amp addition.

Ok. I went back and forth between 16.01 and 16.02. I feel that 16.02 is brittle and thin compared to 16.01. It is a small difference but my hands just feel better on .01. Anyone else feel this way? Am I updating incorrectly? Thanks in advance for your input.

I have noticed some thinning on certain types of sound. To my ears and playing style there is more difference between 16.01 and 16.02 point releases than I've noticed between recent full releases. I've just come back from my first rehearsal with 16.02. Most of the amp models I use sounded better, particularly in the upper mids on low gain models. However I've got some work to do with the Two Rock, which I've been using as my basic rock amp, and the Shiva lead, because they sounded thinner than I want. Is it wrong, no it's just different.

Back
Top Bottom