Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.02 Released

This update will kick the shit outta ya! So many amps seem to open up and come alive.

No adjustments needed, just play! HUGE thanks Cliff and team.....16 is awesome!!

After updating .....some of my presets are now crackling (over cpu) but not displaying the warning.

If I delete an fx block....(rotary...etc) sound is normal again. No cpu overload in 16.01

you can get the crackle without a CPU warning appearing.

what is the CPU when this happens in 16.02?

Disregard please.......use error. Added a looper block a few weeks ago to test ....into an already jammed preset. Worked okay for some scenes but for scene 2 was overloaded. It depends on what and how many blocks are utilized within a given scene I would say. And.....ir settings and types.

Thanks

Spent a few hours with it yesterday- and I'm really enjoying 16.02.

The top end reacts much more realistically. I'm able to dial in more top without it sounding synthetic. The easier it is to achieve a good tone without diving into the advanced features the better in my opinion. These last few changes have a really huge difference to the sound and feel of the amps.

I'm loving the new dynamics control. I'm not sure how it does what it does, but it allows me to make a high gain amp feel squishier without overly affecting the frequency response. All the squish, none of the mud or rasp.

Speaker slope! One of my favourite features so far. I cleaned up the slightly muddy response of my go to 5150/oh CB patch by increasing the slope slightly. It was like shifting an out of focus lens into place. Really simple yet powerful control over the IR. Couldn't live without it now I have it.

Disregard please.......use error. Added a looper block a few weeks ago to test ....into an already jammed preset. Worked okay for some scenes but for scene 2 was overloaded. It depends on what and how many blocks are utilized within a given scene I would say. And.....ir settings and types.

Thanks

Also note: the new noise gate algorithm uses just a hair bit more CPU, so if you were on the edge, it may have pushed you over. You can switch it back to classic if you want to try to gain that 1% back.

Had this out to rehearsal tonight. It is PHENOMENAL loud. So good. The highs are well under control now even with the presence cranked on some of the models I use live. The new compressor algorithm is really nice -- might unseat my dialed-in pedal compressor block I use all over the place. I went an hour early to the rehearsal hall just to try out the variac and ear-bleed levels and it was a very happy hour.

Reactions: yek
Had this out to rehearsal tonight. It is PHENOMENAL loud. So good. The highs are well under control now even with the presence cranked on some of the models I use live. The new compressor algorithm is really nice -- might unseat my dialed-in pedal compressor block I use all over the place. I went an hour early to the rehearsal hall just to try out the variac and ear-bleed levels and it was a very happy hour.

Ian- maybe you can show off some of the new 16.02 features at Sunday's summit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also note: the new noise gate algorithm uses just a hair bit more CPU, so if you were on the edge, it may have pushed you over. You can switch it back to classic if you want to try to gain that 1% back.

Dynamics in Amp block also increases CPU.

Ian- maybe you can show off some of the new 16.02 features at Sunday's summit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some bad news there. We're finding the new born + two other kids a little more challenging than we expected. My wife isn't ready to handle all three kids by herself for an entire day while I sneak off to Petaluma. The littlest is just 11 days old today.

If there's Skype or Google Hangout capabilities I can dial in and talk though.

I spent two hours with the update just exploring amp block options on my existing presets. It is incredible- the universe of tones available, just by tweaking those new parameters. Thanks FAS! Every time I think this is the ultimate box-o-tone, you release a firmware update that takes things to a whole other level for me.

Back
Top Bottom