Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.02 Released

Hi, I'm still in the 'waiting for my order of my xl to process' group (I'm in Europe and waiting for G66 to get their next shipment), so I haven't actually got my Axe yet (hopefully in the next couple of weeks), but just a quick question - it's kind of alarming to see comments about Axe FXs being bricked while updating- if that happens is it a case that you can do a hard reset to restore the unit to the factory default settings and try again or is it a case of having to return it for servicing? What's the deal with the Eprom that pima1234 mentioned?

Cheers,
Brian

The update current amp defaults command is still not working right here. Even on the same amp, same settings, the Y version is much louder & bassier than the X version.

Okay, oddly enough... turned it back on and it's fine. Tried that before a bunch of times and got only lights. So weird.

Had to watch the Home Movies Guitarmaggedon episode. That's what fixed it! And if you haven't seen it, you need to:
[video]http://video.adultswim.com/home-movies/guitarmageddon.html[/video]

Best part is, my wife loves this show too!

pima, brother, ya gots ta move up to the XL. You get bricked more than anybody else I know. :(

Hi, I'm still in the 'waiting for my order of my xl to process' group (I'm in Europe and waiting for G66 to get their next shipment), so I haven't actually got my Axe yet (hopefully in the next couple of weeks), but just a quick question - it's kind of alarming to see comments about Axe FXs being bricked while updating- if that happens is it a case that you can do a hard reset to restore the unit to the factory default settings and try again or is it a case of having to return it for servicing? What's the deal with the Eprom that pima1234 mentioned?

Cheers,
Brian

The XL has a fail safe backup to avoid the EPROM issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are the notes, info about the fix? Thanks!! I remember now why i waited with updating in the past.

Last edited:
A sign of life ;-)
Thankx!

Where has the function "Update All Presets" in the utility menu gone?
Has it been substituted by the 2 new functions "Update Amps ..."?
Or is there no need for that in firmware 15.xx?

Thank you Cliff for help!
Best regards!
Mike

Yes-it was in the release notes.

read comment 15 in this thread

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That is a comment in this thread, not a quote from the release notes!

If you read the posts you would already have seen that I replied to that answer... Which was asked because it is NOT in the release notes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliff, please never get rid of the pick attack, under dynamics in the amp block. I was just thinking about that and wanted to pass on that request to you.
Thanks,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom