Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

Hey guys, since updating to 15 from 15b, I get a volume reduction when I engage the Saturation switch in the amp block, anyone else have this?????????

Changed Amp block Sat Switch operation. Sat Switch now operates like actual amp. Note that this will cause a reduction in level when the switch is engaged (as in the real amp)

"If you've made a preset in 15beta then you don't need to do anything. Just load the preset and rock out."

Cliff posted this a few pages back.

I believe this is inaccurate. The final released HAS substantially changed since the beta and you will need to reset the amp block to attain the new amp defaults set by the new firmware.

"If you've made a preset in 15beta then you don't need to do anything. Just load the preset and rock out."

Cliff posted this a few pages back.
I have found this not to be the case for me. Its not just the sat switch for my patches, I needed to change alot of other params to get close to my original 15b tones.
No worries I'll get em done next week with the new axedit. And I am sure to be very happy when i do.

Last edited:
I think this is a necessary evolution. I've recently found that 8k is where I've always been cutting, down to 12db. Now that 'fizziness' is pretty much gone. Also, my typical post-amp GEQ boosting at 2k and 4k is not necessary. My old patches sound and feel different; more so when I reset the block, in one case causing some kind of compression-like clipping, so I had to start from scratch. Regardless, it's been a long while since I've found a pleasing base tone with just cab and amp, and with little parameter change. Still not sure I can get what I want, but it sounds much 'cleaner'.

Oh, and the FM curve seems a lot smoother. Low to high volume, there seems less disparity.

Caveat: this is only with the Dizzy 4, as that has been the only amp I've cared for. May change with more exploration.....

As to 'chunkiness', I'd guess that's finally down to cab choice, as the new Mix IRs were quite variable in a, seemingly to me despite no real-world experience with them, more realistic manner. I suppose the amp-cab interaction is far more accurate.

On that note, and from what I've heard here and elsewhere over the years, it's a little easier to make an amp sound terrible, just like in the real world, depending on where you set the dials.

Last edited:
after FW15 update:
The Amp block Modeling Mode [AMP block / Other] on all patches is back to -Authentic-
If you used Smooth or Ideal in patches you have to redo!

Will updating from the beta to the official release alter the presets? I had a scan through the release notes but it's hard to gauge. I have my presets sounding pretty good with the beta, especially with levels.

The core modeling algorithms in the release are identical to the beta except for the Sat switch. However, many of the models themselves were altered to reflect the updated algorithms.

In most cases any presets created with the beta should translate fine but for most accurate results a reset would be warranted.

Back
Top Bottom