AXE FX II EFFECTS ONLY

valerj79

Inspired
Hello i was wondering if I could use my AXE Fx II as a only effects unit without using amp simulations , the reason why i wanna do that is cause i got a preamp and i would like to use the tone of this preamp . The fact is that my preamp does not have an FX LOOP send and return so i can't use The 4CM , and i was wondering how i could do that . I was asking to my self if i can go directly from the output of preamp into the axe fx input , I would just use blocks for the effects , not for the amp sims . The Axe FX II would be connected to pc via usb and i would record my music on pc . Can you help me ? thanks
best greetings

Absolutely! A number of users are employing 4CM. Check the wiki or read the manual on specifics. The effects are outstanding & getting better.

Since it is a preamp it doesn't need a loop. Substitute "loop" in the 4CM instructions with the connection between the preamp and the power amp.

To extrapolate this further - would it be in fact possible to set up the Axe-FX as an effects unit that can be used BEFORE AND AFTER the power amp stage?

e.g. If I wanted to use the Drive blocks before the amp, and the delay in the FX loop ?

I assume it will mean some sort of In/Out/In/Out routing between Inputs 1 & 2?

4 cm is the only way to get there. To be honest I don't hear any difference of 4cm and straight in to the amp. Maybe my ears are shot but I don't really hear it.

I only want to know if i can go straight from the output of my preamp to the input of Axe FX II without the sound gets altered or colored . May I do that ?

You would go from the front of the axe in to your preamp and use the boost pad.

the signal doesn't go "from the front of the axe" into the preamp. the front of the axe is the input, so it doesn't "go" anywhere, things "go" into it!

I only want to know if i can go straight from the output of my preamp to the input of Axe FX II without the sound gets altered or colored . May I do that ?

as long as the output of your preamp is line or instrument level, you can then go to the input of the axe. it won't color the sound.

if it is line level, you would use the rear inputs and set the I/O menu to Rear input. if it's instrument level, you'd use the front panel input and set the I/O menu to Front input.

Back
Top Bottom