Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm..
I get a few problems with some of my USER Ir`s with Stereo UltraRes Cab (never had this happen before)

Could this be a Ir alignment Thing ??
could you elaborate more on what you mean by "problems"?

thanks

Thanks a lot to Cliff and Team for this last firmware.

Just installed, sounded to me with MK II C++ smoother an the Highs, the bass frequences tighter, good audible when I add a FAS Boost. Makes a lot of fun!

there were significant changes an the Dynamics page with Preamp CF - the reason for the more smooth sound?

I made a screenshot before and after reset the Ampblock:

Engle Savage 1 also default to the same value 0.20

Thanks a lot to Cliff and Team for this last firmware.

Just installed, sounded to me with MK II C++ smoother an the Highs, the bass frequences tighter, good audible when I add a FAS Boost. Makes a lot of fun!

there were significant changes an the Dynamics page with Preamp CF - the reason for the more smooth sound?

I made a screenshot before and after reset the Ampblock:

It sounds like the new cathode follower is in there

Engle Savage 1 also default to the same value 0.20

Yes, it´s at all amps at this value, the preamp CF time is different at every amp.

I like this new sound at the marshalls - nice to hear the difference at Plexi 100 W less ice picky Highs.

There is a problem with the old SV Bass, It does not look at all like SV Bass of version Quantum 10.01. I recorded a track before installing Ares and it has nothing to do with it. The sound is not only louder, it sounds like broken.

My sound has changed completely, please can you solve this?

Thanks

After checking the Friedmann 2018 - reset - yes it´s got the chugga sound Cliff told us. Very cool response with damped strings. Check your low resonance frequences!

A final thanks to Cliff!
Loading and tweaking for my 3 gigs this week.

So long updates and thanks for all the firmware!

33597927778_e187fb741e.jpg

I think I found a bug (Mark 1)
Turn the Presence way up. What happens? The sound gets dull. I haven't tested all amps, but looks like those who have a High Cut instead aren't affected, all others are. It gets brighter to about 8, then going up to 10 it gets duller.

I have the dreaded Axe Edit time out bug....
Never had it before but i've had it twice when switching presets via Axe Edit.
It green screens the Axe FX and I have to reboot it.

After checking the Friedmann 2018 - reset - yes it´s got the chugga sound Cliff told us. Very cool response with damped strings. Check your low resonance frequences!
Thats the amp I use, reset like picking another amp then back to Friedmann?
If thats how you reset, do I need to redo my tone all over again?

I think I found a bug (Mark 1)
Turn the Presence way up. What happens? The sound gets dull. I haven't tested all amps, but looks like those who have a High Cut instead aren't affected, all others are. It gets brighter to about 8, then going up to 10 it gets duller.

Yep I got that too....

Story of the Sv Bass models
FW 2.05 for Axe Fx III (this was only the NEW model of the 1970 SV Bass,and out with the Old one)
Reworked SV Bass amp model. Model is now based on a 1970 Ampeg SVT with 6550 power tubes and the midrange switch in position 3.

FW 4.00 for Axe Fx III
Added SV Bass 1 amp model. (Old one) This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05.
The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2 (model of the 1970 SV Bass,the one from fw 2.05)

I think the Old model is WAY too loud at default ! So with old presets, (be careful ! )

I'm almost certain the Original Bass Model is actually SV Bass 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom