Axe Fx II - 200 Amps!!!

well we can say that all amps are very good at least, and absolutely great for the vast majority.

so where to improve ?
- on Irs Ures: really good too ! as we're talking about modeling technologies, we have 99% on the real things, and ability to tweak for years if we want to
- on FX: ok certainely here some place for improvements: some more fx in drive and modulations and closer the actual devices...

conclusion: love my AFX and its awesome capabilities for evolutions !

I'd like to have an Acoustic Simulator Block.
Using impulse is good but I think that could save more CPU.

I'm sure with the addition of the FX8 the effects are in line for some enhancements and new effects. I would agree, they are awesome even now. I still think more presets for each effect might be best too. Quicker to get to what you are looking for....

Yea 200 amps is pretty stinking cool!

Don't think that it works that way.

But I'm bugging you because I'm kind of a novice at effects; I'm a bread and butter type of guy and delay is about as ridiculous as I get most of the time. I'm just curious as to what you'd add. I can't for the life of me think of an effect type that is missing. Perhaps some more specific models, but most of the major stuff is in there isn't it? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. :)
It's not that any major effects are missing. It's that they are not spot-on models of specific pedals or rack units. Try some of Guitar Rig's effects models such as the EH Memory Man and you'll hear what I'm talking about. Same for phasers, flangers, wahs, etc. The Axe has super-high-quality effects, with plenty of parameters to get me close to (if not exactly) where I want to be. But I'd also love to have accurate models of specific pedals, rather than "types" based on preset parameter tweaks to a generic (albeit extremely high quality) algorithm. Having a user interface that presents the same controls as the Memory Man, Phase 45/90, Electric Mistress, etc., with the same range of adjustment and interaction (and limitation), controlling an accurate model of the exact circuit, with the same frequency response, distortion, even noise, would capture the vibe of the original effect. No knowledge of how to set each of the plethora of the parameters not available on the original would be needed.

As for the SUBJECT AT HAND, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like more amp models. But I am surprised at just how many models there are once I pay attention to the count. I can’t imagine a tone not represented in the current offering (Cliff has said a paraphrased version of this himself). What I really appreciate and am blown away by is the constantly improving accuracy of the existing models. THIS, in my opinion, is where the Axe and Cliff really stand out from the pack. We now have scary close models of an insane number of legendary amps. Quality and quantity. I look forward to more amps. But I’d also love to see the same paradigm currently applied to amps also applied to effects. This may not be his vision of the product. If not, it won't hamper my enjoyment and appreciation of the Axe one bit.

Back
Top Bottom