Axe Fx II - 200 Amps!!!

Well, some of them are just different modes and channels of the same amp. :) I'm wondering how many unique amps are modeled in the Axe. I'm sure someone already counted. I'm guessing 160?

The Axe reaches 200 amps? What do you think? Someone ventured to name models? :nightmare:
:mrgreen :mrgreen :mrgreen

Technically, we are not at 200 amps. Individual channels of the same amp don't count as individual amps, its the same amp.

Or is 200 individual amps already??? i lost count....

What about cull out a few of the not so good amps to make room for more fx?

Don't think that it works that way.

But I'm bugging you because I'm kind of a novice at effects; I'm a bread and butter type of guy and delay is about as ridiculous as I get most of the time. I'm just curious as to what you'd add. I can't for the life of me think of an effect type that is missing. Perhaps some more specific models, but most of the major stuff is in there isn't it? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. :)

200 is more than enough for me. I'd like to see attention turned to effects modeling.

+1...
nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Technically, we are not at 200 amps. Individual channels of the same amp don't count as individual amps, its the same amp.

Or is 200 individual amps already??? i lost count....

Curiosity is because news is always popping up, and we are close to 200 channels, now I'd really like to see an update on the effects. :)

More amps......Cornford MK50H, Bray 4550, Cameron Old Bitch, Suhr SL68, new Suhr PT100, JVM Satriani, Friedman Pink Taco/Smallbox/Steve Stevens & Cantrell etc.....................lots of amps left to model! lol

For the SUBJECT AT HAND in the thread, ironically, I would say the most of us use under 10 amps. I, personally, welcome continued development in the IR category, which is MUCH more important to me. Amps are great, but we already have way more than we'll use, and I am more concerned with using what we have to create original tones that apply to me.

Since FX have hijacked the thread...

There are some of us who feel like the FX are world class already. I welcome improvements, but feel like time would be better spent (with the considerable tool we have available) LEARNING how to best apply this. We have significant braintrust here to re-invent that crazy flanger (or whatever)...

Please feel free to start (yet another) 'wish list' thread on this, rather than continue to comment on something outside of the '200 Amps' title...

Back
Top Bottom