Axe Fx for my mac

qjawz

Inspired
So there is another thread that got locked for some reason..I don't mean to cause any strife while bringing it up but is there going to be a Axe Fx like Bias? That is for our computer etc. With all the effects and everything???

I'd seriously like to know.

There has been a lot of historic discussion about a software-only Fractal Audio AxeFX application / VST plugin. Based on the discussion, and from the feedback from Fractal, that seems very unlikely. If you're looking for a mac-based app that does this kind of thing, you might look at Apple Mainstage. I've used a number of computer-based processing systems, but nothing has come close to the AxeFX.

There has been a lot of historic discussion about a software-only Fractal Audio AxeFX application / VST plugin. Based on the discussion, and from the feedback from Fractal, that seems very unlikely. If you're looking for a mac-based app that does this kind of thing, you might look at Apple Mainstage. I've used a number of computer-based processing systems, but nothing has come close to the AxeFX.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fasfx-amp.114782/ Seems pretty confirmed to me. I think it will come out, but no release date yet. You are right I think about a whole suite. I dont think that will happen, but an Amp version seems highly likely according to the locked thread

Oh and I think the thread got locked because too many people were getting riled up about it, and the conversation wasnt going anywhere. I think its best to just wait and see what happens. The plug ins are coming, but no one really knows anything about what they will be with the exception of FAS Reverb which has already been released.

I would be happy with a AXFX Ultra plugin version, I love the sound of it very much, despite i have an AX8 I can not part with it, because so far I have not reached yet the100% of their sounds.
Maybe its not a bad strategy, because this way it does not will hurt AXEFX2 sales and yet will be better than any of the actual amp/effects plugins/suites

I would be happy with a AXFX Ultra plugin version, I love the sound of it very much, despite i have an AX8 I can not part with it, because so far I have not reached yet the100% of their sounds.
Maybe its not a bad strategy, because this way it does not will hurt AXEFX2 sales and yet will be better than any of the actual amp/effects plugins/suites

I couldnt agree more....

I think I've tried all of them, and only Bias has come close...for me.

Bias is good. However if a FAS-AMP does come out, it will obliterate all other amp sims. Most people have separate IR loaders anyway, and you can create effect chains in your DAW with whatever effects you want, and you can save the chain presets. So even if a potential FAS-AMP is only an AMP plug in, it will still be the best one on the market

Maybe I just suck at using Bias, but I can never get things quite where I want them to be with it. It's by no means bad, but just doesn't quite do it for me.

You dont suck at it, Bias suffers from Digital transients that are unstable. At first you think you have a good tone, but as you continue to play, the plug in starts to get a little weird. Its a very "digital" sounding plug in.

You dont suck at it, Bias suffers from Digital transients that are unstable. At first you think you have a good tone, but as you continue to play, the plug in starts to get a little weird. Its a very "digital" sounding plug in.

I agree with that. My move to FAS stuff is based on not being able to use a real amp without pissing people off, and that the other options minus Kemper really lack that real mid range punch. I get a ton of digital harshness in Bias. If I'm in a rush to demo, it's fine. But the amount of work to get a salvageable tone for a mix isn't worth it to me.

For those of us who are fortunate enough to have UA/Apollo setups, the most recent amp sims from Universal
Audio (namely, the Marshall Silver Jubilee ,and especially the brilliant Deluxe Tweed, made by old Fractal chum and tone wizard James Santiago ), are the closest I've experienced to FAS awesomeness , but a plug in would be welcome but surprising.

For sure imo the axe fx blows all those out of the water. But they're all tools some people use to get their music across. I'd just like to have my axe fx in my laptop for less gear dragging. Hahaha. :p

My favorites right now are Thermionik for metal tones, S-Gear for just about everything else and Overloud TH3 has some winners in there too.

I'd jump ship from all of those to a Fractal solution in a moment though. :)

I own NI GR5 and the UAD Tweed Deluxe models and have spent a lot of time with S Gear, Bias Desktop, Revalver and Amplitube demos:

I'm not into real high gain tones, my rankings:

1. UAD Tweed Deluxe
2. S Gear
3. Bias
4. NI
5. Amplitube
6. Revalver

That said, IMO none of them are close to the AXE, or even the Helix. Is there some inherent limitation to software only vs. dedicated boxes? Is it possibly the IR's, ie the Helix gets closer to AXE, once you load aftermarket IR's?

Last edited:
I would spend 1500+ for a USB Audio Interface with secret sauce stuff and software protection that runs AxeFx plugin or standalone.

Very disappointed by AX 8.
Sound good but no USB interface is bad.
In France, it cost 2000+ and you have to put more money for a good audio interface.
Quite the same american price of AxeFx2 XL... :(

Must take into account, that many people have already invested in a professional audio interface and do not want to pay twice for the same thing.
Check g66, the Ax8 costs 1700 € in Europe.

Man this is a rough wait lol. I posted that locked thread back in May, and the answer was "soon", and its October now, so Im hoping "soon" means a plug in will come out in 2016, or beginning of 2017.

Back
Top Bottom