Axe Fx for my mac

Discussion in 'Plug-Ins' started by qjawz, Aug 2, 2016.

1. vertibration

vertibration
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Helix will prolly drop end of July. They started beta testing this week.

Everyone needs to give up on the fractal plugin. Its not gunna happen. I was told specifically that it is not in their agenda.

Helix Native will drop this summer, and its a fantastic option for people who dont wanna drop a lot of money on a good modeler.

2. Rico

Rico
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

Helix if setup well can sound really great IMO, and as for software, S-Gear is IMO capable of fantastic tones, I find that I prefer it to the AxeFx in many cases, Looking forward to S-Gear V3, and on top of that there is something else in the pipeline that is still some way off that I am unable to talk about that will blow your minds, it covers all bases and the tone is out off this world, Better than AxeFx? Yes IMO, but it's real plus is it's versatility, and layout, it's super simple to get great tones, and it covers studio and live and all options in between.

I hope Fractal have a plan for the future, and they understand the way the market is going, and realise that the competition is going to be tougher than it has been so far, it's very obvious they need to have a software version that works alongside the hardware at some point, if they don't prepare for that they will get left behind, because what is coming is better than what has been so far and way better thought out for all needs and use, I still believe Fractal must know this and have a plan, I hope so because the more options the better for us all.

3. henryrobinett

henryrobinett
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

I don't think it's obvious at all that Fractal needs to do a software version. Why? What do they get out of it? More users? More opportunity for hackers to break their code? I think they're sitting pretty as it is. They have a hack proof dongle, pretty much. Cliff's gotta protect his intellectual property. And as I've said before he'd open the floodgates of headaches by having to make it compatible with the various CPUs, and other software apps. Then having to pay fees to Apple, etc.

People want to use the Axe? Buy one.