FASFX-AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an idea, hope I dont get slaughtered for this, but I would easily pay for one single amp plug in if this would ever come out. Even just an Axe FX Amp model of Deizel, Engl, Orange, Marshall....so on.... would be really killer. Kazrog Thermionik is doing this as bundles, and he seems to be doing pretty well so far. I would personally pay $200 for a Diezel VH4 model, and be happy with that. Just to run that in my DAW with Cab Lab would really be awesome. There are so many people like me who would be totally satisfied with one amp, or to have a real taste of the Axe FX sound.

I hope this "soon" equals to "never". It will be cracked and everyone would be able to have FAS quality guitar sound for free...

"Everyone" is like saying Im not going to open a bank because someone might rob it. Yea, someone might, but the overwhelming number of transactions would justify opening the business. There are benefits to using licensed products and that is obviously updates. Cracking is becoming less and less troublesome for developers nowadays. Its not good to assume that developers should stop in their tracks because their software might get cracked. As customers, we have to support developers and use their products. Promote them on forums, and spread the word. Not try to tell them not to release great products.

Just an idea, hope I dont get slaughtered for this, but I would easily pay for one single amp plug in if this would ever come out. Even just an Axe FX Amp model of Deizel, Engl, Orange, Marshall....so on.... would be really killer. Kazrog Thermionik is doing this as bundles, and he seems to be doing pretty well so far. I would personally pay $200 for a Diezel VH4 model, and be happy with that. Just to run that in my DAW with Cab Lab would really be awesome. There are so many people like me who would be totally satisfied with one amp, or to have a real taste of the Axe FX sound.

The bigger question is, has iLok been restored to its unbreakable state? At this point it seem the only way to make sure your amps won't get cracked is doing it like UAD does.

$200 bucks is way too much if amps would be sold separately, it won't work. $49.99 sounds about good and $99.99 for a bundle of 4 or 5 amps.

A FASAMP-LINK USB interface would be great, something that's 100% bullet proof and has the same low noise as the AXE FX input + serves as the only way to run FAS virtual amp models.

A FASAMP-LINK USB interface would be great, something that's 100% bullet proof and has the same low noise as the AXE FX input + serves as the only way to run FAS virtual amp models.
I've thought that would be a good way forward for a while. Add 'secret-sauce' to the bullet points, also.

Just a bout anything can be cracked, I know Cliff is smart, so maybe he's got a plan to make it 100% fool proof, either way I would like to see something if it is, but would not like to see Cliff be ripped off.

I think it would be wonderful to have the Axe amp models as plugins. I routinely capture a dry guitar track but I'm too lazy to set up the routing back out to re-amp. I'd pay for the convenience of in-the-box re-amping.

As for my unsolicited biz advice, I'd encourage FAS to take a look at what other companies with large suites have been doing to answer the whole v. part question. Many have landed on a subscription model and I personally like this solution. Take the Adobe suite or EastWest sample libraries. I feel I'm getting a good value paying a low fixed monthly fee verses a large lump sum.

That said, FAS will be getting my money regardless of the revenue model.

Congrats on what appears to be yet another way for FAS to keep funding the R&D that makes us all so excited about the next firmware update.

I would pay up to $1000 for the full amp and cab model set of the Axe Fx II in form of a VST3 plugin. Should include the basic FX blocks - chorus, flanger, phaser, delay, reverb etc. if the price is that high. Oh yes, and please give us a DI which contains the input circuitry. No need for USB, just guitar to line in with Secret Sauce etc. is fine. Or tell us some officially approved DI's (Radial JDI or whatever) that deliver the true Axe Fx II sound in connection with the plugin.

Last edited:
Users that are OCD collector types like me always get hosed in ala carte models like this. Please at least do some bundles if you do a by-the-block paradigm. For my family's sake; my children will need to go to college some day. :p:cool:

I know I'm certainly not the first one to suggest this, but I'd rather have a FAS control plugin than an implementation of their amp modeling. Being able to save patch settings, IR, and routing within my DAW project via a plugin, and then being able to recall them again directly when I load the project... seems like that would be solid gold for anyone doing any kind of recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom