Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

The fact is that when using other drives than the Klone Chiron, I did not hear this noise, so I think it may be a mistake. I doubt that the manufacturer of a real the Centaur clone overlooked such a shortcoming.
Thanks for mentioning this. I also noticed the same thing on the FM3 when switching my main preset from the maxoff to the Chiron. Thanks to others for mentioning an eventual workaround. Will try after the holidays 😀

Also I have a question : is it possible to damage something else than the speaker while doing this type of thing ? Is it possible to « burn » an input component while putting 10 dist on it?

Really odd / specific question, but any wireless players (analog or digital) experience any unusual issues with dropouts since upgrading to 21.xx?

Really odd / specific question, but any wireless players (analog or digital) experience any unusual issues with dropouts since upgrading to 21.xx?
I would try a cord and see if the drops still happen. If they do then it could be the Axe FX if not then its your wireless. All the wireless is doing is replacing your cable. As Chris said the firmware of the Axe FX has nothing to do with the wireless system. I was just thinking of getting a wireless system, makes me a little hesitant. Anyways good luck pushead2.

Hmmmm......21.xx via cable is fine for all three of us, but all 3 wireless systems have intermittent drops - never happened previously.

Reverted back 20.xx via cable & all 3 wireless systems are all okay.

Wireless systems are Shure BLX14Rs - H9 Band. I'll continue to troubleshoot.

Edit: I forgot to add that we had a Line 6 G50 system laying around as well and that was dropping out even worse with 21.xx. & a few hiccups with 20.xx.

Hmmmm......21.xx via cable is fine for all three of us, but all 3 wireless systems have intermittent drops - never happened previously.

Edit: I forgot to add that we had a Line 6 G50 system laying around as well and that was dropping out even worse with 21.xx. & a few hiccups with 20.xx.
Try plugging the wireless into something else and see what happens.

Are you using multiple Axe Fx units or all into a single unit?

The wireless is just an input the same as a cable.

Much more likely that sometime is interfering with your wireless transmission.

Sounds like interference to me. H9 band is 512 to 542MHz. Do you have any other devices operating on that band? If so, scan each one for a better RF Channel Frequency. I doubt a firmware update would interfere with a wireless signal. Check your AXE system setup to see if anything changed with regard to your input and Hz settings. One of my AXE's came set to 50Hz and caused a lot of noise. Just throwing out ideas.

Last edited:
You didn't state if you were analog or digital, but I'm going to assume digital because those are most common now a days.
I experience dropouts when my base is near a router. Passing that along in case that may be your issue.

You didn't state if you were analog or digital, but I'm going to assume digital because those are most common now a days.
I experience dropouts when my base is near a router. Passing that along in case that may be your issue.
Mine does this as well. If I turn the router off- no issues.

Back
Top Bottom