Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. No modifications after upgrades. Using as is. I with that presets for years. Little tweak here and there after major upgrade, but overall was fine.
I like new bass improvements, but not sure if it's expected to be mo fuzzy for Dizzy V4 Silver 3.
Check out Dizzy samples from archives, something really happens after upgrade.
No tweaking in preamp of power amp settings.
Already trying to restore block settings and tweak Tone parameters as it was, but no changes.
View attachment 111330
Check your speaker drive and turn that down also as mentioned reduce the depth and bass slightly

I don't mind tweaking. Just tell me what's changed. Even when I don't have a gig (Which is almost never) I don't have time to fish around and find the differences.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe the release notes have had that line (various improvements and fixes) in it for quite some time now,
and you'll have to do what everyone else does and use your ears to decide if you need to change something. I don't think Cliff owes it to
anybody to divulge all his secrets.

Thank you ever so much Mr. Chase and team! When I bought my Axe-Fx III almost 3 years ago, I had no idea that there would be Firmware Updates coming. I was simply knocked off my feet by the sounds I already had. I knew nothing about the company, and the dedication to excellence, which I realize now, is an inherent FAS philosophy. What a rare thing in a society which increasingly creates products that are designed to be disposable. Hats off!!

Just updated. This is my first firmware update. There are significant differences in my presets now. Some parameters like negative feedback and low cut frequency have reverted back to stock settings. I did a full backup before updating. If I reinstall the backups will my presets go back to how I set them or do I have to sift through them?
The following parameters are updated:
Preamp Bias
Transformer LF
Transformer HF
Transformer Drive
Low Cut Freq
Hi Cut Freq
Triode 1 Plate Freq
Triode 2 Plate Freq
Negative Feedback
Power Tube Grid Bias
All Cathode Follower Params
Excursion Time
Recovery Time
MV Cap Value

Thank you ever so much Mr. Chase and team! When I bought my Axe-Fx III almost 3 years ago, I had no idea that there would be Firmware Updates coming. I was simply knocked off my feet by the sounds I already had. I knew nothing about the company, and the dedication to excellence, which I realize now, is an inherent FAS philosophy. What a rare thing in a society which increasingly creates products that are designed to be disposable. Hats off!!

Nope. No modifications after upgrades. Using as is. I with that presets for years. Little tweak here and there after major upgrade, but overall was fine.
I like new bass improvements, but not sure if it's expected to be mo fuzzy for Dizzy V4 Silver 3.
Check out Dizzy samples from archives, something really happens after upgrade.
No tweaking in preamp of power amp settings.
Already trying to restore block settings and tweak Tone parameters as it was, but no changes.
View attachment 111330
Dizzy V4 Silver V3 and Silver V2 were swapped in the previous firmware. If you want the sound of the old V3 use V2 now.

possible bug ?

AFS100 2 - presence knob has almost no effect on sound.
tweaking from 0 to 10 feels like change by 1 notch.
Default MV is quite high in that model which will mask the effect of the Presence control since the power amp is distorting heavily (I find that amp sounds best with the power amp driven hard). Turn the MV down and you'll notice the Presence control will have much more effect.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe the release notes have had that line (various improvements and fixes) in it for quite some time now,
and you'll have to do what everyone else does and use your ears to decide if you need to change something. I don't think Cliff owes it to

Preamp Bias
Transformer LF
Transformer HF
Transformer Drive
Low Cut Freq
Hi Cut Freq
Triode 1 Plate Freq
Triode 2 Plate Freq
Negative Feedback
Power Tube Grid Bias
Excursion Time
Recovery Time
MV Cap Value
Then again, what do I know? ;)

I don't mind tweaking. Just tell me what's changed. Even when I don't have a gig (Which is almost never) I don't have time to fish around and find the differences.
You’re not going to be able to do anything useful with that information. For one, there could be other parameters not exposed to the user that changed. Even if that’s not the case, after a big firmware update like Cygnus 2, just restoring parameters back to the same values as before will not get you the same sound.

Preamp Bias
Transformer LF
Transformer HF
Transformer Drive
Low Cut Freq
Hi Cut Freq
Triode 1 Plate Freq
Triode 2 Plate Freq
Negative Feedback
Power Tube Grid Bias
Excursion Time
Recovery Time
MV Cap Value
Thank you very much. Could you please add this information to future release notes?

You’re not going to be able to do anything useful with that information. For one, there could be other parameters not exposed to the user that changed. Even if that’s not the case, after a big firmware update like Cygnus 2, just restoring parameters back to the same values as before will not get you the same sound.
I think I can.

Fucking awesome
❤️
🎸
🔥
🤘

I'm not asking for source code. I'm asking for visible changes and parameters that were forced back to default. Either way, you were mistaken in your assumption and Cliff has provided the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom